I got something on my mind and I think it's important.

Quote:

Sorry I disagree. There is never a good reason to be angry and mean. Read futher.

That's easier for some to say than for others... PTSS and PTSD is not voluntary. It's a real life syndrome and it can't be psychologically reasoned away. Those who think it can are either incredibly naive or they haven't walked the mile in the shoes...

Quote:
There is to much here to comment on, but I will say this.
Depression is treatable and should be and nothing to be ashamed of. LIFE HAPPENS TO US ALL. Into every life some rain must fall, God makes it to rain on the righteous and the unrighteous, the bible says trouble comes to visit but it doesn't say it comes to stay. Unless you invite it to I suppose. Seems to me when you continue to hang around bad people that's what your doing, even if it is mom or dad or sis or bro.

It's not what happens to us but how we CHOOSE to deal with it. My mother was not a nice person and that's being kind. However I can NOT use that as an excuse to follow suit. I have chosen and am choosing every day to NOT allow mean people to rub off on me. This is why I'm always saying. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO AIR PERSONAL ISSUES. No one here is qualified nor capable of helping, but a therapist is. Some turn to booze and drugs, others turn to a counselor or therapist. Sometimes answer to WHY ME, is cuz this is life. Tornadoes don't pick and choose who's house to destroy it's whoever happens to be in it's path. Life is the same way. Which leads to the question "what are you going to do about it"?. Get help or let it ruin yours and everyone you meet, lives? Seems to me people who "choose" to hang around mean parents and people, are people who "choose" to keep building their house in the path of the tornado. You don't have to do it. Friends are family we choose for ourselves.

I'm an old man and I've seen plenty and experienced plenty to not know what I'm talking about.

So to get back to my point. We can live a good life if we choose to..... or we can choose to live a bad life. Return not evil for evil. Make not friends with and angry man, lest you become like him in the end. Finally for those who believe, Jesus did not require us to hang around mean people. We've been misinformed. Don't take my word for it, read proverbs and you'll see.

Take care,

Rancher

Quote:

Sorry I disagree. There is never a good reason to be angry and mean. Read futher.

That's easier for some to say than for others... PTSS and PTSD is not voluntary. It's a real life syndrome and it can't be psychologically reasoned away. Those who think it can are either incredibly naive or they haven't walked the mile in the shoes...

Certainly these things aren't voluntary, but how you choose to deal with it is. Not getting counseling is not the way to deal with it. We all need help from time to time. Just cuz some don't get it , doesn' t mean we have to do the same. Funny how if you broke your leg you'd go and get a cast put on til it heals but wounds to the heart and head? They too can be healed, you just need to seek treatment.

Like I said I've experienced alot in my life. My Bro. is a Vietnam vet and he's lived a good life, but he's been in treatment for quite awhile too. Nothing wrong with that. He's not alone. I think we'd be surprised to see who else suffers from these things and has gotten help and lived a good life too.

I wish sufferers of these things the best and hope they do well,

Rancher

Quote:
Depression is treatable and should be and nothing to be ashamed of. LIFE HAPPENS TO US ALL. Into every life some rain must fall, God makes it to rain on the righteous and the unrighteous, the bible says trouble comes to visit but it doesn't say it comes to stay. Unless you invite it to I suppose. Seems to me when you continue to hang around bad people that's what your doing, even if it is mom or dad or sis or bro.

It's not what happens to us but how we CHOOSE to deal with it. My mother was not a nice person and that's being kind. However I can NOT use that as an excuse to follow suit. I have chosen and am choosing every day to NOT allow mean people to rub off on me. This is why I'm always saying. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO AIR PERSONAL ISSUES. No one here is qualified nor capable of helping, but a therapist is. Some turn to booze and drugs, others turn to a counselor or therapist. Sometimes answer to WHY ME, is cuz this is life. Tornadoes don't pick and choose who's house to destroy it's whoever happens to be in it's path. Life is the same way. Which leads to the question "what are you going to do about it"?. Get help or let it ruin yours and everyone you meet, lives? Seems to me people who "choose" to hang around mean parents and people, are people who "choose" to keep building their house in the path of the tornado. You don't have to do it. Friends are family we choose for ourselves.

I'm an old man and I've seen plenty and experienced plenty to not know what I'm talking about.

So to get back to my point. We can live a good life if we choose to..... or we can choose to live a bad life. Return not evil for evil. Make not friends with and angry man, lest you become like him in the end. Finally for those who believe, Jesus did not require us to hang around mean people. We've been misinformed. Don't take my word for it, read proverbs and you'll see.

Take care,

Rancher

I know where you're coming from, Rancher, and I agree with you when it comes to anger being a choice. But anger is not simply a choice. As I said in my previous post, anger is involuntary sometimes. It is reactionary for a person with PTSS or PTSD when an event or a word or a look triggers the trauma that damaged them in the first place.

And I know Jesus too... and I, too, am old.

Quote:

Take care,

Rancher

I know where you're coming from, Rancher, and I agree with you when it comes to anger being a choice. But anger is not simply a choice. As I said in my previous post, anger is involuntary sometimes. It is reactionary for a person with PTSS or PTSD when an event or a word or a look triggers the trauma that damaged them in the first place.

And I know Jesus too... and I, too, am old.

My final post. Treatment can help to recognize and avoid and sometimes help deal with these "triggers" that cause problems. That is why I keep pushing it. A person does not have to live with it.

There's a study that suggests that children who grow up in difficult circumstances are more resilient than children who grow up in more nurturing homes. Now that is something to own.

This is so true...and one of the good things that comes from living with difficult parents. I resolved, because I felt unloved as a child, that my children would never have to ask if I loved them. I also resolved that we would have peace in our own small family, that housework would not take precedence over quality time with children, and that they would hear good things from their mother more than they would hear bad things.

In this I have been a success, if in nothing else in this world. My children are bright, happy, warm-hearted men that really love their mom...and I think that is because they live, sleep and awaken to the fact that their mom loves them when no one else on this Earth does....Mom does.

Love always wins in the end, folks.
smile.png

I agree with this! There is also another place in the scripture that, to paraphrase, we are to try to get along with others, whenever it is in our power to do so. I take that as God knew just how difficult it would be sometimes to be around evil, hate-filled, contentious people and we should try....but that we may not have the power to do it.

It is all about choices, really. We can choose to take a hurt and carry it around, hug it close and nurse it long and slow into a life-destroying anger~or not. We can spend our lives trying to exact a revenge and lose the whole point of living, while letting the person who hurt us win the ultimate prize.

I choose NOT to let those who try to hurt me succeed at their goal.
smile.png

Someone had a quote that really changed the way I looked at life, my wording may be off, but the idea is still there.

I don't want to arrive at Heaven's pearly gate saying "Well, I kept my house clean, cooked great meals, made sure my makeup and outfits were always perfectly fitted and ironed, my windows were always shiny clean, and had proper ettiquet................. ", I want to arrive at Heaven's pearly gate with a smile on my face ,a song in my heart, a beer in one hand and a donut in the other and say , "That was a da.mn good ride!!!!!".

To me, funerals are part of the grieving process for those left behind. When my grandfather passed away, my grandmother did not have a service of any kind - she said she couldn't put herself through that.

I like the idea of celebrating someone's life - but I kind of come from an odd family. My Great Aunt had her wake at her 90th birthday. She said that your wake is one of the biggest parties and you're not around to enjoy it.
lau.gif
I asked her what she would do if she lived to 100 and she responded that she'd have another wake.

Back
Top Bottom