I had to giggle, " most aggressive dogs"

No surprise to me, having worked at a vet clinic and volunteered at an animal shelter, not surprised at all. The beagle is the only one on the list that surprised me. But, with one of them winning Westminster a few years ago, and their 'pet' populairity growing, byb will start breeding anything, even with a poor temperment and mental stability issues, so I guess I shouldn't be shocked it was on there.

I have a dachshund and my sister has chihuahuas and I can believe that they would top the list. My sisters dogs are just mean (will growl and snap just for you looking at them
roll.png
), but my doxie is protective. She doesn't like people in my house who she doesn't know. The beagle and springer spaniel I don't believe though. I've never seen and aggressive beagle and I grew up with springers and they were ALWAYS very gentle dogs. My mom has one now that she shows and that dog will let the grand babies crawl all over it along with letting them yank her long ears. She could care less!

That was definitely a most interesting list!
smile.png

That's silly. Most of the dogs on the list are working dogs. They were bred to be agressive for herding & hunting
tongue.png

The border collie cracks me up- but we used to have an Aussie (very similar) and he would herd the kids if he got bored. They'd all be pinned in the corner of the kitchen.

I am not surprised about the Dachshunds...I owned several a few years ago and it was a rodeo event complete with injuries to me every time I needed to vaccinate, cut nails, give baths...whatever...and the worst bite I ever took was from an Italian Greyhound...I say this in defense of the Dobermans I have lived with in mulitples of one to six in my house running around my ankles over the pas twenty five years...I never took a bite from a Doberman...they are not the "killers" many people seem to think they are...I have five right now with a puppy coming in two weeks to bring it up to six again...I totally resent the isurance companies who look in horro upon Doberman owners and deny them home owners if they have one...and they are no longer allowed in base housing in the military...my son is on his twenty second year in the Army and lives on base with his GSP who is far more apt totake an inappropriate bite than a Doberman...and a lot has to do with how the big dogs are raised...you can make a psychopath out of any of them...Pitbulls get a horrible rap as well...they are great dogs if concientiously bred and raised...off the soap box...

two of my big bad dogs
DSCN1758.jpg

Last edited:
I am not surprised about the Dachshunds...I owned several a few years ago and it was a rodeo event complete with injuries to me every time I needed to vaccinate, cut nails, give baths...whatever...and the worst bite I ever took was from an Italian Greyhound...I say this in defense of the Dobermans I have lived with in mulitples of one to six in my house running around my ankles over the pas twenty five years...I never took a bite from a Doberman...they are not the "killers" many people seem to think they are...I have five right now with a puppy coming in two weeks to bring it up to six again...I totally resent the isurance companies who look in horro upon Doberman owners and deny them home owners if they have one...and they are no longer allowed in base housing in the military...my son is on his twenty second year in the Army and lives on base with his GSP who is far more apt totake an inappropriate bite than a Doberman...and a lot has to do with how the big dogs are raised...you can make a psychopath out of any of them...Pitbulls get a horrible rap as well...they are great dogs if concientiously bred and raised...off the soap box...

I looked at the pics and I have to say................

That is NOT a Australian Cattle Dog. They posted a pic of an Australian Shepherd. This is a Cow Dog

And that is how aggressive HE is.
big_smile.png

I bet the same guy does the weather. Can't get that right either.

Little handbag dogs must be ferocious due to their overwhelming fear of being stepped on by mistake....

I miss my dobie, blessing us for 14 wonderful years. THose are some cute sofa lumps! I am unabashedly found of dobermans, but realize that any bred has its bad apples.

Quote:
Ditto. . . the dachshunds can be really agressive, territorial and very quick to use their teeth, not to mention very quick, in general; the dobermans were real sweeties, but my two fav breeds, collies and Golden retrievers. . . the very best!

Back
Top Bottom