I Hate Colds

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Ugh!!
he.gif

I caught a cold 2 days ago and it finally hit me full force last night!
i had the hardest time trying to sleep.. my nose is stuffed my head hurts i have a sire throat and it feels like i have a sinus infection because my nose is sore and red and puffy and both my eyes are jet red and puffy
th.gif

I need some at home get well tips so i can knock this cold out of my ASAP

<<ahem, assuming my "mom voice">>
Now you rest, drink plenty of fluids. Orange juice would be good to help with the goop in the throat, and warm broth or chix soup might make you feel warm, sleepy. Take an decongestant so your sinuses can clear and help stop any lingering/growing infection in that area. If you have a nettie pot, it's gross but works wonderfully to clear the sinuses too.
Here's a blankey, here's a pillow, here's your juice... rest.

I feel your pain, I got sick yesterday. My favorite thing to help the head is sipping some nice hot tea, it soothes the throat and the heat helps thin all that nasty stuff in your head. And get plenty of rest, it really does help.

Thanks
smile.png

Yea i cancel all plans until i get rid of this cold.... iam gonna go make some hot tea now with some hot soup .... i also have everything i am gonna set my room up lol

my face hurts
hit.gif

i have no idea how i caught this cold but it some how found me lol

I have no advice but a lot of sympathy.
hugs.gif
Colds kick my butt. I never get a little sniffles, I always get the terminator of colds, sore throat, puffy eyes, head ache and sore throats.

I hope that you are feeling better in a few days.

Last edited:
Can I join you in the hate colds department?

I wish I could cry to someone! I have to build cages, move 30 bales of hay, feed, water, take dogs out, cook and load at least one horse....just so I can drive 100 miles to retreive my daughter so someone can finally help me.
I have the chickens done and the grain unloaded.....hay next...need more energy!

Does aything help you feel better? So far nothing helps me but I am sure open to suggestions!

mine hit 2 days ago too! i made chicken and dumplings last night and my nose isn't so bad today, but now i'm coughing... let's throw a pitty party! i hate being sick too
sad.png

Are you sure it's a cold? It kind of sounds like it could be allergies too. I hate allergies, this is the perfect time for them. I've had a goopy throat and rudolph-nose for 4-5 days. I wake up every morning with swollen eyes, nose, and face.

Back
Top Bottom