I hate it when people call Thanksgiving "turkey day"

I would vote for a National Pig Day. Preferably in the summer so we can have a huge barbecue,

"Merry Christmas" works perfectly for those who only want Christians to have a good holiday season. Although, it doesn't bother me when people say Merry Christmas.

I agree with Kizanna and Celie I am what is termed as not Politically correct and if a Holiday is say Christmas then it would be Merry Christmas not happy holiday or Halloween the term used at the door is Trick or Treat not happy Halloween.
This has been put in place so as not to offend some one because of there religion or lack of
Buy the way Calling Thanks giving Turkey day B.S. people eat Ham on Thanks Giving and other things as well Tacos and Pizza should we start calling it Happy Pig day LOL.
Thanks Giving is truly a day we give thanks to what we have as well as the people with us.

I am just old fashion in my ways of thinking I guess.
Lol! I so totaly agree!

I would vote for a National Pig Day. Preferably in the summer so we can have a huge barbecue,

"Merry Christmas" works perfectly for those who only want Christians to have a good holiday season. Although, it doesn't bother me when people say Merry Christmas.
When I wish someone Merry Christmas Oregon it's because I want to share my joy of the season. If I find they are not christian I wish them Happy whatever. Blessed Be, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, makes no difference to me. It is all a celebration of life and living it the best we can. Myself, I find Happy Holidays to be offensive. I feel it belittles the holidays and the person receiving this wish.

I too would vote for a National Pig Day! Wonderful animal either on the hoof or the plate.

When I wish someone Merry Christmas Oregon it's because I want to share my joy of the season. If I find they are not christian I wish them Happy whatever. Blessed Be, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, makes no difference to me. It is all a celebration of life and living it the best we can. Myself, I find Happy Holidays to be offensive. I feel it belittles the holidays and the person receiving this wish.

I too would vote for a National Pig Day! Wonderful animal either on the hoof or the plate.
Agreed. Mine are pets till they meet the end of the road.

Last edited:
I don't like Turkey Day either, not because I'm unhappy that the poor birds get killed and eaten. Domestic turkeys were created by man to be eaten. You don't have to do it, or like it, but it's a fact. Get over it.

I dislike Turkey Day more because it is symbolic of the major lack of sophistication that is in vogue with today's text-speak society. Everything is shortened, abbreviated, dumbed down, just to come across as cutesy, or out of ignorance or laziness. I am not religious, but Christmas is Christmas. I sure as heck don't celebrate Eid, or Ramadan, but when those holidays come up in conversation they are called what they are.

I agree with Kizanna and Celie I am what is termed as not Politically correct and if a Holiday is say Christmas then it would be Merry Christmas not happy holiday or Halloween the term used at the door is Trick or Treat not happy Halloween.
This has been put in place so as not to offend some one because of there religion or lack of
Buy the way Calling Thanks giving Turkey day B.S. people eat Ham on Thanks Giving and other things as well Tacos and Pizza should we start calling it Happy Pig day LOL.
Thanks Giving is truly a day we give thanks to what we have as well as the people with us.

I am just old fashion in my ways of thinking I guess.
PIG DAY?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom