I HATE Raccoons!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Dec 1, 2008.

1. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Early this Summer I had 10 laying hens, 5 pullets and 3 roosters. I was gone for about 10 days and when I came back I found only 3 hens left!!!!!!!!![​IMG] Some friends of mine helped me rebuild a bigger coop. Thank goodness. But my troubles weren't over. About 2 weeks after the fair (The 2 hens I took won 1st and 2nd place ribbons) I found my Prize winning, laying and mother hen killed by a STUPID Raccoon!!!!!!!! Boy did I scream. [​IMG] I lost 3 more chickens before we put tires into where them stupid raccoons were getting in and nothing has bothered my chickens for about three months. I now have 19 chickens. 5 hens (two of which is laying), 6 pullets and 8 roosters (6 of which I have to get rid of).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Sorry for your loss.

Do you have pics of your coop & run setup, so that maybe we can help with ideas on how to predator proof them?

3. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    there there some things have to get worse before they can get better.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    So sorry for your loss [​IMG] *hugs*

5. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

Only if I can convince the camara to stay open long enough for me to take a few pictures. LOL [​IMG] I have 2 friends who are going to come over this winter with his Coonhound pup. I love to hear coonhounds bawling on the trail of a coon. I can do the tree bawl of a coonhound.

6. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

Thanks for all those HUGS!!!!!! I love being hugged. I just felt them squeezing me. Thanks again [​IMG]

7. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    your welcome i just lost a favorite hen of mine last week and i know how it feels [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

My coop was torn down and rebuilt after the Raccoon attack. My friends helped me rebuild it. About 6 people came over and helped. [​IMG]

9. papadekaitlyn

papadekaitlyn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2008
    Alabama
    I see you built a new coop. I had an acute racoon problem, but I solved it with the combination of a low-strung electric fence and a Marlin Model 60 .22 LR...

10. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

I have a live trap with some type of ocean fish for bait. I've already caught a cat and a big 'ol 'possum.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by