I HATE Raccoons!!!!!!!!!

4 Love of Baby Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
The middle of Middle Tennessee
Early this Summer I had 10 laying hens, 5 pullets and 3 roosters. I was gone for about 10 days and when I came back I found only 3 hens left!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif
Some friends of mine helped me rebuild a bigger coop. Thank goodness. But my troubles weren't over. About 2 weeks after the fair (The 2 hens I took won 1st and 2nd place ribbons) I found my Prize winning, laying and mother hen killed by a STUPID Raccoon!!!!!!!! Boy did I scream.
barnie.gif
I lost 3 more chickens before we put tires into where them stupid raccoons were getting in and nothing has bothered my chickens for about three months. I now have 19 chickens. 5 hens (two of which is laying), 6 pullets and 8 roosters (6 of which I have to get rid of).

Last edited:
Only if I can convince the camara to stay open long enough for me to take a few pictures. LOL
tongue2.gif
I have 2 friends who are going to come over this winter with his Coonhound pup. I love to hear coonhounds bawling on the trail of a coon. I can do the tree bawl of a coonhound.

I see you built a new coop. I had an acute racoon problem, but I solved it with the combination of a low-strung electric fence and a Marlin Model 60 .22 LR...

Back
Top Bottom