I hate small town politics!!

Quote:
Yep! Do this AFTER he retires...
lol.png

Quote:
Yep! Do this AFTER he retires...
lol.png

OK I just read the part were he is retiring I would still write a letter after he retires

I plan to try after he retires, but doubt it will be published. One newspaper town and the paper is run by Who You Ares too.
roll.png

Quote:
I know what half an officer is... the town of 2000 I live in just hired one! nice article in the local paper on the local city council meeting (as usual) with minutes, including the extension of an offer to a new officer, for 20 hours a week, at $8 an hour. the officer accepted.

$8/HR? SERIOUSLY?
and he accepted.
some kind of wage for that job, eh?

Quote:
OK I just read the part were he is retiring I would still write a letter after he retires

I plan to try after he retires, but doubt it will be published. One newspaper town and the paper is run by Who You Ares too.
roll.png

you know these small towns run on high school football... at least in the mid west they do. has your little town got a football rival near by? send your letter to THEIR newspaper's editor, bet it gets published.

'course, if the town really IS run by the mayor and police chief, and you tick them off, they may mess with benefit payout. not that you couldn't sue to make it right, but still, who wants to go there?

Tell your husband that now he has time for a new hobby - running for mayor! Sounds like he has a good chance of winning
wink.png

Naw, that would really expose him to politics - couldn't hurt to float a rumor, though, and make the current mayor sweat
gig.gif

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. About a year after DH started policing a new state trooper was hired for this area (his predecessor being the trooper that was shot and killed that I mentioned earlier). He is a black man. He and DH are good friends. This trooper tolerated 28 years or so of being held back and down because of his race and the fact that he is also not one of the Good Ol' Boys Club. He retired about two months ago. Many, many town residents turned out for his official retirement party because, like DH, this man is very well thought of in the community. His private retirement party, which we attended, was alot more fun because we didn't have to put up with the butt kissers.
celebrate.gif

Since his retirement the trooper has been been approached by quite a few powerful people wanting him to run for sheriff. The current sheriff is every bit as crooked and underhanded as the mayor and police chief, but without someone to run against him, he continues to hold the office.
The joke is that if this trooper should decide to run for sheriff, everybody in town loves him and he's sure to win, he said the first thing he's going to do as sheriff is to fire the good ol' boy that is current chief deputy and put DH in his place.
lol.png

celebrate.gif
Sorry about the circumstances, but very glad that your husband is retiring. The Princess worked as town clerk in our small community for 19 years. I know all about small town politics. Eventually she took a clerks job in a much larger community necessitating a 1.5 hour drive each way. Getting away from the small town politics and being treated as a valued employee was worth the excessive travel time. Allowing the job to kill you is not a good thing. Again -
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Thanks.
hugs.gif

I am letting DH know that I love him very much, am very proud of him, but otherwise leaving him be. I know he'll come through this fine, he's a stong man.

Just read the update that your DH is going to put in his retirement papers. I am very happy for both of you and please congratulate your DH for me!! Also, to your statement above "...he's a strong man.", wanted to add that behind that man, there is a strong, loving, and understanding wife. I cannot even imagine what it must be like to be the wife of a police officer. The mental stress of worrying about their safety on a daily basis must really take it's toll. I hope you both have some fun and carefree things planned to de-stress once his retirement date comes - you BOTH deserve a break!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. About a year after DH started policing a new state trooper was hired for this area (his predecessor being the trooper that was shot and killed that I mentioned earlier). He is a black man. He and DH are good friends. This trooper tolerated 28 years or so of being held back and down because of his race and the fact that he is also not one of the Good Ol' Boys Club. He retired about two months ago. Many, many town residents turned out for his official retirement party because, like DH, this man is very well thought of in the community. His private retirement party, which we attended, was alot more fun because we didn't have to put up with the butt kissers.
celebrate.gif

Since his retirement the trooper has been been approached by quite a few powerful people wanting him to run for sheriff. The current sheriff is every bit as crooked and underhanded as the mayor and police chief, but without someone to run against him, he continues to hold the office.
The joke is that if this trooper should decide to run for sheriff, everybody in town loves him and he's sure to win, he said the first thing he's going to do as sheriff is to fire the good ol' boy that is current chief deputy and put DH in his place.
lol.png

I LOVE this, except they'd still have to work with Mayor GOBC. I do think one of them should for mayor.

Back
Top Bottom