I HATE THIS NEW BYC !!!! Edited to say Im trying with all this change AND NEW PICS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I've tried this new stuff for a few days and............... it seems to be good.

Frustrating to begin with, but hang in there. It WILL get better.

My congrats to the administrators for the brave step!

Im tired of dealing with it for now I guess ill just kick back watch everything any see if it gets better Kinda alot like lurking LOL! I can post and reply though and thats enough
tongue.png

Last edited:
I'm hearing ya loud and clear. Some of us spend more time with our animals and less time with the techno stuff. I don't text message and I plan on never doing so, on purpose, because I find it a rude and in some ways a dangerous way of communicating. I'm not paying for an IPhone either. So a lot of this is just unnecessary filler, IMO. I'd rather get back to talking about and answering questions about animals instead of all this crud and pesky reviews.

That's good you were able to do that, but I have to say I'm not about to revamp my computer system for any website. That's the kind of action that keeps these tech companies rolling out more and more crud so that the device you buy today is already outdated. Not going to do it.

I suggest all of you who are unhappy with the change need to get yourselves a copy of the book "Who moved my cheese" by Spencer Johnson. It changed my attitude towards change for ever.

I hope you don't go destinduck... just keep lurking around! I'm sure you will eventually come over to the 'dark side'
big_smile.png

There are a few things I don't like, but I think they are definitely fixable. I am hopeful that fancy software like this will have theming options - if there are themes brought out, then users can use a different theme to select the colors they want.. I agree the white, while it doesn't bother me much, is rather bright and not as appealing as it should be. I also don't like the 'recent reviews', but my ad blocker is turning that off so it's fine now.. I'm having a few issues with mobile use - can't respond to posts on an ipad and that sidebar is rather clunky when on mobile, but pretty sure the devs have heard us on those issues (I hope).

However, I love the instant feed of new posts and the forum software seems to be working fine for me. Images can be uploaded MUCH faster and who doesn't love unlimited image and PM space? I think all in all it's a good upgrade that just has a few kinks to be worked out - and I am sure the devs are working on it.
jumpy.gif

I understand the change but this is not the best program. There are too many links to the same thing on a page, what a waste. Even though I have the newest browser and updated it the page still jumps all over the place a few seconds before I can do anything. So far I have found little to compensate for the change but know that it had to come. I really can't say the changes were worth it for me. I haven't found anything better with this new layout and think they should have kept the same layout as the old BYC. There is more wrong than good, imo. There are many extra steps I have to take now to do something that took only one on the old BYC.
I stay because all my friends are here but they were to move on so would I. There are a good many that have gone to the FB pages and I have moved over, too. Eventually we may all stop coming here and that would be a shame.

Well wasted another hour trying to go back to Internet explorer 7 like I had cause I found out 9 sucks for me.Wont let me do it! I screw myself at every turn now I guess. I got windows Vista dell computer about 2-3 years old. My gut tells me to hire a techno geek get my computer back the way it was and say to heck with this new BYC at this point . I am hating my computer life right now. Should have just let the slow speeds on just this site continue and not screw around on my end. What a pain in the a.. this has all become now even more so since I tryed to fix the problem on "MY" end All I want now is my puter back the way it was let alone this new BYC

Last edited:
Got every thing back now the way it was finally Whew! Thats all I cared about.Im not gonna deal with the slowness and other problems associated with this site except if it can be done thru this site from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom