I HATE THIS NEW BYC !!!! Edited to say Im trying with all this change AND NEW PICS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"at first it was strange,but just like the very first time i stumbled upon this site,working out how to find things"

I'm also getting used to it now!
wee.gif

Im glad you think its great.I dont at all. Unfortunately I see this great site being gobbled like facebook took over myspace. Easier to check PM,s I DONT THINK SO ! I said I would pay if this site needed money. How sincere is that??? I have one third of my screen with reviews! I could care less about!!! DO all yall love that ? I didnt have to ask anyone squat to figure out how to do anything on the old format. A child could pretty much do it. See if thats true now !!! Also I would GLADLY delete PMs or pics if it was taking up too much space and THAT was the problem. I would pretty much do anything the mods told me to do to have have the former format back!!!! Try that BYC 30 day challenge they keep talking about! Challlenge? That word right there isnt right. Right now as im writing I cant scroll back to where on this thread alone to see who was talking about how now she cant get no one to answer her question and before she got tons of responces.IS THIS BETTER ? Not to mention for me its nowhere NEAR as fast .Even changing pages. Am I supposed to upgrade my whole computer JUST for this site ???????!!!!!!!! Yes SAD at first now MAD! Want me to keep going on??? People want me to post pics now . Yeah right ! SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW NOW! You are losing GREAT helpful and people with tons of knowledge. I guess the tech savvy will have the experince to answer and sort all these questions now. Cause Im little to no help now. Soften my stance??? Better? Faster? WHERE IS ALL THIS GREAT STUFF EVERYONE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT???!!! .Somebody please tell me or show me. Oh well, like everybody keeps saying," Out with the old and in with the new". Im sorry to say IM pretty much out (and old) now and Im not alone. Yes people will be on here to help with your birds of course just nowhere near as much as it stands now. THIS I AM sure of. Most BYC users are NOT techno savvy by the polls (which of course were shut down immediately.)Take another poll in 30 days I guess.Ill pretty much just lurk from now on the way BYC is set up now sorry to say. Still not seeing the greatness of this upgrading here but I truly want to. Shawn

Im glad you think its great.I dont at all. Unfortunately I see this great site being gobbled like facebook took over myspace. Easier to check PM,s I DONT THINK SO ! I said I would pay if this site needed money. How sincere is that??? I have one third of my screen with reviews! I could care less about!!! DO all yall love that ? I didnt have to ask anyone squat to figure out how to do anything on the old format. A child could pretty much do it. See if thats true now !!! Also I would GLADLY delete PMs or pics if it was taking up too much space and THAT was the problem. I would pretty much do anything the mods told me to do to have have the former format back!!!! Try that BYC 30 day challenge they keep talking about! Challlenge? That word right there isnt right. Right now as im writing I cant scroll back to where on this thread alone to see who was talking about how now she cant get no one to answer her question and before she got tons of responces.IS THIS BETTER ? Not to mention for me its nowhere NEAR as fast .Even changing pages. Am I supposed to upgrade my whole computer JUST for this site ???????!!!!!!!! Yes SAD at first now MAD! Want me to keep going on??? People want me to post pics now . Yeah right ! SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW NOW! You are losing GREAT helpful and people with tons of knowledge. I guess the tech savvy will have the experince to answer and sort all these questions now. Cause Im little to no help now. Soften my stance??? Better? Faster? WHERE IS ALL THIS GREAT STUFF EVERYONE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT???!!! .Somebody please tell me or show me. Oh well, like everybody keeps saying," Out with the old and in with the new". Im sorry to say IM pretty much out (and old) now and Im not alone. Yes people will be on here to help with your birds of course just nowhere near as much as it stands now. THIS I AM sure of. Most BYC users are NOT techno savvy by the polls (which of course were shut down immediately.)Take another poll in 30 days I guess.Ill pretty much just lurk from now on the way BYC is set up now sorry to say. Still not seeing the greatness of this upgrading here but I truly want to. Shawn
I understand how you feel Shawn. I'm frustrated with a few things, it is much slower and a little overwhelming. Some things I do like better though. I'm going to hang in there because I love this forum. It truly is the highlight of my day. I remember when they changed Facebook a few months ago and it was a nightmare. But after about 30 days or so they had all the bugs ironed out and now it's much better. I'm hoping that's what we'll find with our beloved BYC! Don't get me wrong though, I know where you're comin' from.

:)

i feel your pain but i am learning,just posting different things and playing around.
i think the pictures are easier
click reply and find the picture icon beside the movie reel and the top(5 doors down-left from the smilies),click it and post the same way,don't have to upload to BYC and can get the pictures directly from the source.
hope you stay-i love the pictures

I can see every ones point of view, I for one like change so it didn't bother me. The new system has its ups and downs. Ive read alot on peoples opinions about it and seem to see alot say its slow or not loading the pages right, personally I've used 3 different computers to access BYC and all loaded it OK including my cell phone (droid) I'm sure after a lil bit all the bugs and kinks will be worked out. I can see every ones frustrations if I had that problem. As for the ads on the side I think if your a GFM you can turn those off through your account settings from your profile. (however I did read that if everyone turned those off that BYC wouldn't get paid for the sponsorships these ads provide, so probably not a good idea unless they bother you that bad. The other things in the side bar eventually the way i read will probably be changed to something more useful. The more I play around with it I find things the Old BYC didn't have and I like. There are a couple things That I don't like, for one the BST section with the limited open classifieds and no auto auctions (this affects me as a seller, I don't care much for it and others (buyers) are aggravated and don't want to mess with so no bids for me or viewers) However when I first joined BYC there was no BST section at all, and eventually something will be worked out, as this is a big part to alot of BYC members. The plus side the the new BST section is you really have unlimited classifieds but can't have more than 2 open at a time. I guess ways of working around that would be combine listings with batches of eggs you want the same price for and include them all on one, and also run 2 adds for 2 or 3 days for 2 different breeds then close and run your other breeds for the remainder of the week. Also the adds dont expire so if you sold a batch every week you can leave it up and just tell people to pm you if they want a batch, good way to start a waiting list too. Doesn't work so well for auction type listings but I'll deal til something is worked out.

I Think everyone should look at it as a new Site ( get the old BYC out of their heads, pretend it didn't exist) Give it at least a month and if you still don't like it, then move on. Once everyone plays around and gets used to things it be alot easier, I intend to play around and figure things out and if someone has a question about something I'd be glad to work around and figure it out or help the best way I can. Like someone else said it was another format or no BYC at all, and seems to me from what I've read they tested out a few and this is the one they decided on. There's no changing it now, and no going back This is BYC and it is what it is. One of the other formats some might of liked and others hated, with this many people you can't please everyone. Everyone try to give it a chance and play around with it, do ya best to try and focus on what you started coming here for to begin with. Lets get back to chickens, ducks, and socializing. Every ones got there mind on the New system and how they hate it or love it and That's one reason alot of post aren't getting answered, everyone is either too busy figuring things out for themselves, (which will die down in a few days or weeks) Got mad and decided not to give it a try all though they may be the one that could of helped that person the most.

If anyone has trouble doing anything or understanding stuff message me and I'll try and help the best I can.

Last edited:
Pictures are "easier" if you have the image stored on your local computer. To me they are now more difficult if they are stored on byc under your photo album. And talk about pain, the white background is killing my eyes, I'm going to go snowblind if I stay on here too much.

Pictures are "easier" if you have the image stored on your local computer. To me they are now more difficult if they are stored on byc under your photo album. And talk about pain, the white background is killing my eyes, I'm going to go snowblind if I stay on here too much. 

Yeah I did have a hard time with pics since there's no way to uplaod from your pics already stored on BYC. I think uploading them to BYC is easier just wish there was a way to pull them from our albums if we need to. That may or may not be something that can later be tweeked just have to wait and see.

I've heard alot fuss about the white, have y'all tried diming your brightness on your monitor that might help some, worth a try anyway

You can still use the pictures on byc, you just have to right click it and save the image url, making sure the file extension is copied as well, then paste that copied url under the image url tab under the insert image button. Make sure you uncheck the save to default photo album because you wouldn't want duplicates I think. It seems more complicated than it actually is, but it is still a wee bit more difficult than before. I would think they could add a tab on the Insert Image to browse your photo album, and that might be a feature that gets added in later.

That's good to know too, easier than how I did it. I right clicked and hit save as and saved them back k on my computer then uploaded them from there lol. Yeah that added tab to pull from our albums would be a good thing too. If that was added everything do with with pics and uploading them would be alot better than the old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom