I hate this polar vortex!

I am going out of my mind with worry, my ducks are all shivering, and look miserable. We have a -20F windchill. These ducks are not staying in a heated shelter, they are getting wet in their water, it's freezing on their feathers. Then they are sitting in the wind, shivering, covered in ice. I've herded them into their shelter and shut the door. If they don't warm up, I'm just going to put them in my garage for a couple of days until it's out of the single digits and below zero temps. This weather.... It's just not giving them a chance to get warm at all. :(
my frozen pond has a ton of feathers stuck to it in the middle.. Looks like the ducks slept there last night and they had a few feathers freeze to the ice when they got up... Oye!

Oh I know they seem so cranky in this lousy weather. They’ve been cooped up for so long...I really wish for a warm up so they can at least go outside for a bit. I’ve been giving them copious amounts of peas and mealworms. They at least seem happy to see me.

Temps will be in the 30s and 40s next week in Geauga County, so hopefully they’ll get a respite then.

I live in Lorain County so I'm also looking forward to the temperatures going up next week! Just have to make it through a couple more days. It's so windy right now, which worries me! But I'm sure we'll survive!

I live in Lorain County so I'm also looking forward to the temperatures going up next week! Just have to make it through a couple more days. It's so windy right now, which worries me! But I'm sure we'll survive!
We’ll get through this...tomorrow will be the worst. I’ve lived in Northeast Ohio all my life. Never have seen such a brutal cold spell like this. Sunday should be in the twenties. Then it gets a little better.

Warning "insecure moment" but.....I think that I will bring my ducks into the garage for tonight and Saturday evening. The garage is heated but i can put it on the lowest setting of 40F. Does anyone think this is a good idea or a bad idea since they have been accumulated to this weather so far?

They both look good this morning but i really don't know how much more I can take knowing that the windchill factor is going to be -25F to -30F tonight. My DH thinks i'm crazy but good grief.......no animal show have to stay out in these temps.....worried to death I am!!![/QUOTE
Did you get your duckies inside the garage.

1FB81E16-B1F7-4795-B562-4E23F16486EE.jpeg
63E4D23B-8248-4295-935F-56D500BDF020.jpeg
It’s amazing what 3 6FT hinged tables can make!! It a cool 40 degrees in the “man cave” and we are watching Walk the Line and loving life!! Here’s Home for the next couple of days:D

Back
Top Bottom