I hate turkey vultures...

Quote:
It isn't State Law it is Federal Law that makes it illegal to shoot Vulture and Hawks.. (Federal over trumps State) You might be able to get a permit but I don't see it..

Chris

Last edited:
Update!

The two girls that i thought had been taken came wandering back unscathed. However, one had blood on her beak. I think she was the one who went after the young one thats not doing very well. I did manage to get the antibiotics into her, but every time I see the open wounds under her wing I really wonder how she is still alive. I'm hoping she does well tonight.

Vultures DO NOT have the ability to kill any chickens or any other game. Their feet aren't developed into talons like Eagles and Hawks. They show up after the kill to clean. You may have a hawk or eagle around, vultures ae waiting for scraps. Might not even be a eagle or hawk, could be a land predator that they are cleaning up after

I soooo glad NC lets me "protect my farm from outsiding animals" or my chickies would be a pile hawk doo doo of couse we rarely hit them and almost NEVER kill the we just scare them away

It's illegal everywhere in the US to shoot any raptor or vulture without a depredation permit.​

Okay okay sorry (GOSH) (im totally joking) and when i mean protect if we do see one we shoot NEAR it to scare it away and like wise you do know we ALL have a right to protect our farms.... Or else no one where i live would have ANY living animal pests are so bad.... i guess i said the wrong thing... let me edit that.....

Quote:
Agreed, Agreed, Agreed....are you 100% it was a turkey vulture?? hmmmmm ????? I would be interested in seeing a pic. of it.

I have vultures overhead daily. They've had ample opportunity to take a chicken. They just cruise in circles waiting for one to die first. They've never shown the least bit of interest in a live chicken.

Quote:
Just be careful if you're sunbathing--keep moving.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom