I Hate wrapping presents

Quote:
I had to wrap my own gifts, too. I think that's part of why I hate wrapping presents so much.

OHH!Gift wrapping.Yes it was one of my first jobs in a store.Wasn't too bad then but that was centuries ago.We still gift wrap for free for customers.It is a pain.You are going as fast as you can and there is still a long line of ppl waiting.We have different sizes of paper for different box sizes.The customers are trying to tell us which paper they want,which bow,and their kid is trying to tell us too.There still is a line of ppl waiting.We work as fast as possible.The price must be removed, the paper fitted to the box,the right size box for the items,a name or whatever the customer needs on a sticky tag to ID the present.We are doing our best to see that the ID and present go together.Did I say there was a line of ppl?Sometimes they have a load of socks."We need those wrapped separately"
Holy Cow!A bottle of wine?Give me a gallon of moonshine!By now I need it.My back hurts,we need to make more bows,oh no!We just ran out of that box size.Hurry and make up that size.I'm not even the gift wrapper that was hired part-time temp.We take turns trying to help her but all the other jobs at the store are calling.Give me another glass of "shine".
Christmas is almost here and it gets even craizer.(What happened to my spell check when I did system restore the other day?)%#
They return gifts before Christmas that were wrapped but they found out it was the wrong size...we have to wrap the new size too.Not too many more days to Christmas.Sigh...but wait, after Christmas someone got a gift but didn't buy a gift for that that person.No problem,we wrap that one too.
Oh how I envy all you ppl that wrap gifts at your own pace.So many creative ideas here.I almost remember that too.I had a different job.My sister said I wrapped so beautifully.I used to dye my own paper for Christmas.My sons thought I was nuts when you could just go to the store and buy paper already done.I loved dyeing my paper.
No seriously I am truely thankful to have a job.I'm thankful there is enough business to do a lot of wrapping.I just wish it was not so stressful and that my back could take it.Man wrapping is hard.
No,I cant say I like wrapping anymore.

I would say that stinking at present wrapping is a guy thing, but my brother wraps presents so beautifully that no one wants to open them! Hubby on the other hand is all thumbs and can't cut a straight line to save his hide. But like someone else said, we're thankful to have presents to wrap so even if they're in a brown paper bag, it's all good.

When my husband and I were going out together , he wrapped all of his gifts in tin foil..... it just conformed to whatever shape and size. My first impression was ....WHAT$%!~% but after I thought about it, he had something there....ya know!!!
Melinda
love him

Quote:
Ah, a fellow sufferer.
lol.png

Never, and I mean never, wrap up a cat toy that has been exposed or contains catnip and put it under the tree!
smile.png
BTDT.

gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

One year I had to wrap one of dad's gifts in tissue paper cause we didn't have any wrapping paper left. I cat opened it way before Christmas but the robe was too big for her
tongue2.gif

here is an idea for the bows

I never buy bows!

after Christmas the ornaments go one sale 75% off, buy an assortment that you think are nice.

use them in place of a bow on gifts. they are a big hit with people.

Quote:
We never buy bows either. After everything has been unwrapped we go around and pull the bows off, put them in a garbage bag and the next year tape them on to the packages. We have bows that predate our grandkids (they're both 12).

We save all our bows too. Some years I use pretty yarn instead of bows. One year I wrapped all the gifts in brown kraft paper and used white yarn to decorate them - it was simple and very pretty.

Practice practice practice or buy lots of bags either way. I actually worked at the wrapping counter at a department store when I was in my teens. I got to be very good. You wrap a few hundred presents in a day you tend to learn a few tricks. I could make one of those u tube videos that give tutorials on everything else under the sun lol. just kidding I am not that into it. Honestly I would just do bags. I only use wrapping paper because it ends up being cheaper and I am good at it. If I wasn't good at it I would try to find bags on sale. Heck half the time i do that too when I am in a hurry. My mother knows she hates wrapping so after Christmas every year she buys bags at 75% off. very smart

If you are looking for cheap paper try walgreens. 3 rolls for 1.99 and after Chritsmas those go on sale too. Man I love a good sale.

Back
Top Bottom