I have 10 (each a different breed); which 6 do I keep?

Choose 6… ONLY 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May I ask why you got 10 to begin with if you couldn't keep them all.
I enjoy raising chicks. Our son is very young, and it’s a lovely hobby for us to do together. If they turn out to be Roos or need to be re-homed, it’s very easy to find good homes for them here. There’s also the chance they may not all survive. I do have a 28 sq ft coop, but I’d like to downsize to the smaller one. I’ve never had bantams, and I was curious if anyone had experience w/a mixed flock, or if anyone found certain breeds to have especially charming personalities. Thanks.

I enjoy raising chicks. Our son is very young, and it’s a lovely hobby for us to do together. If they turn out to be Roos or need to be re-homed, it’s very easy to find good homes for them here. There’s also the chance they may not all survive. I do have a 28 sq ft coop, but I’d like to downsize to the smaller one. I’ve never had bantams, and I was curious if anyone had experience w/a mixed flock, or if anyone found certain breeds to have especially charming personalities. Thanks.

I have kept bantam cochins in a mixed flock. I think having extra (a LOT of extra) room helps as does keeping all docile breeds. I know my little cochins would not fare well in with my sex links so my 3 bantams have a separate coop now.

The 28 square coop isn't really big. It could hold 7 birds. Maybe that would be the better choice for housing if choosing just a couple from your group proves to challenging.

Back
Top Bottom