I have 5 chickens and 2 Muscovey ducks and I think one of the ducks may be male

Re47

In the Brooder
Nov 4, 2015
Coin. Málaga, España
I am worried that one of my ducks is male, they have a seperate enclosure to the chickens at night but are all in a 1000 square metre plot during the day. Having read some of rhe threads on here I am concerned for my chickens and have caught the duck bullying them. I asked for two female ducks and I am sure one is female as she has been laying. How can I tell if the other duck is male and what should i do?

A male muscovy will be twice the size and weight of a hen as well as having a crest of feathers on the back of his head he can raise and lower, I keep my muscovy with my chickens and there is a back and forth on who's dominant, with ducks goosing chickens and chickens jumping at ducks, at the present my ducks are all females, they are actually more prone to bicker with chickens than the males. A picture of your ducks would help determine the sex.

I would post this in the duck forum in the muscovy thread, I think the one in front could be a mule, a cross between a muscovy and another breed, looks like a pekin, the red should go all around the eyes like the other whose hard to say on sex because it's best to get a side shot. Very pretty ducks.

Back
Top Bottom