I have a bunch of chicks! Pics on post 155

thumbsup.gif

I think my wife would have a cow if 40 of the 41 I have set right now all hatched!

I don't have enough room for that many!!! I'm HOPING for at least 50%

Quote:
There were so many eggs in this hatch that I didn't candle all of them at day 11. I picked out about 10 at random on day 12 and candled them and decided that they were looking good and left them alone until it was time to come off the turner.

Good luck with your hatch Katy!

Buster, what was your humidity? I read that looong ole post about humidity but now I've forgotten what you were trying? If I remeber right you were trying like 70% humidity?

Quote:
I have kept it at 75% the whole way through. My HB 1588 that they are going to hatch in has about 80% humidity when I fill tray C. It's worked well for me here at this altitude. I would recommend people check locally with people who have been hatching for a long time in their area to figure out what the best humidity for your altitude and climate is.

Jared,

You just answered my question in the post above.

We are running ours at between 55 and 57 at present... temp 99.5 to 100.2...

What is your altitude there?

Mahonri, Your brother.

Last edited:
I dont know anyone locally that hatches their eggs. I did hear from a lady in NM that said dry hatching here wasn't a good idea. I bet she's right. My aircells in my eggs were huge when my humidity was between 40-45%.
This next time I'm going to try 60% humidity. It couldnt hurt to give it a try. I just hope I dont drown any chicks in the process.
I lost most of my eggs in shipping, I think they froze. Out of the 6 viable eggs only 3 hatched out. It was pretty depressing. The babies are adorable though! Watching them hatch was amazing.... and stressful. LOL

Can't wait to hear you've got pips! The first time I heard peeping from an egg I went nuts, it was just so cool. Good luck!
Helps pass the time till those other eggs get shipped, huh?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom