I have a bunch of chicks! Pics on post 155

Quote:
I really would recommend working with your own eggs first if you have a rooster and fertile eggs. It will save you a ton of money in the long run and your own eggs will almost always have a higher fertility than shipped eggs and better chances to hatch. I would keep tweaking things with your own eggs until you get it right, then drop money on shipped eggs and give it a go with the ones you want. In the mean time, you can sell day-old chicks or started pullets once you raise them. That's what I did anyway.

Um, any action with the eggs?
hmm.png

Quote:
I whistle at them a bit but don't talk to them. I do have a brooder about 2 feet from the incubator and I'm thinking that the peeping from the chicks makes the eggs in the incubator peep back.

Quote:
I whistle at them a bit but don't talk to them. I do have a brooder about 2 feet from the incubator and I'm thinking that the peeping from the chicks makes the eggs in the incubator peep back.

I bet your right! How cute is that! I have a toy chick that peeps that my kids got in their Easter baskets a couple of years ago.... I should put it by my incubator.

Quote:

I bet your right! How cute is that! I have a toy chick that peeps that my kids got in their Easter baskets a couple of years ago.... I should put it by my incubator.

gig.gif

They are pipping! Right on time on day 21. I woke up this morning to three pips.

This is the first time that I am incubating in the Sportsman and hatching in the HB 1588 with both of them on the increased humidity, so I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom