I have a chicken with **HOT** Pink on its neck!! What breed is this?

I would appreciate any help with understanding what breed this is. I thought it was a Black Giant or Black Australorp that I was getting. I've tried to research any chickens that have this color with no results.

View attachment 3176037View attachment 3176038
That pink is artificial and not relevant to the breed.

The barring indicates not a giant or Australorp as noted by others. Though I will note to the poster who listed Plymouth Rock and barred Rock as two separate things that barred is a variety of Plymouth Rock but they aren't two separate things.

Some hatcheries use food dye to mark certain chicks.. usually seen on the back of the neck or top of the head.. expect it to molt out when new feathers come in. The actual feathers that are there right now are white.

download (6).jpeg

Do you have a pink feeder or waterer that maybe warmed up and this little cutie took a nap on it? Or perhaps something else in the brooder that rubbed off on it like a label/sticker? Better yet, maybe you enjoyed a nice summer popsicle and didn't realize your fingers were stained berry blast pink when you were handling it? I also like the alien theory 👽🍧

If it somehow does grow up to be bright pink you're going to be rich! ;)

Do you have a pink feeder or waterer that maybe warmed up and this little cutie took a nap on it? Or perhaps something else in the brooder that rubbed off on it like a label/sticker? Better yet, maybe you enjoyed a nice summer popsicle and didn't realize your fingers were stained berry blast pink when you were handling it? I also like the alien theory 👽🍧

If it somehow does grow up to be bright pink you're going to be rich! ;)
X2!

Back
Top Bottom