I have a goat problem...

OHHHHH! I love his ' fro
smile.png
. BUT, try a cattle prod, thanks for the info!!

This is what I use:

12963_rosie_boer_buck.jpg

Seriously, I never go in with the goats without a good dog who has my back.

The Boer in the photo isn't mine -- I have dairy does -- but I have yet to find the hoofie critter who did not respect little Rosie once she explained it to them.

Tonight Patsy, one of my Saanen crosses, was being a total jerk (stubborn and uncooperative, not aggressive) and had to get Rosie served.

My goats never impinge on my space, rush the feed bucket, or try to butt me or run me over. I'll use a stock prod on them for a gentle reminder, but Strike Two gets the Rosie treatment.

Oh, I can't stop laughing, I am sorry but..........................this is a hoot. Forgive me I have nothing to offer, I just have two wethers and love them dearly.

Water does the trick. My two used to eat a plant I liked at the corner of my gate and I'd squirt them with the hose. For a while they would run even when I got near the hose... or faint! LOL! I love my fainters. They are like yard dogs.... sweet as pie.

Hi. i just read your post about your goat jumping on you. I too have a male goat who is now wethered, but still would jump on me and.... well you know. I was reading a post somewhere, no clue no as it was months ago. They said you need to show them who is boss and floor him. Keep him pushed on the ground until he quits struggling. I did this and after 3 times, have had no more problem. My goat is 150 pounds and it took everything I had in me, but solved the problem. Be gentle, but firm. He will get the hint.
Good luck!!

I know what you mean. My pygmy buck gives my Pyrs a rough time. Guess that's one of the many reasons I want him to go on a permanent vacation...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom