I HAVE A MOUSE, I GOT IT, l have won the war

Quote:
I have two of those out also. Maybe I'll open them so it has to go across it. Good idea

Put a pea in the middle of one. It seems to like the peas.

lau.gif

Quote:
If they are fresh from the trap, the hens love them.... but remember not to tell the DD - she freaks - not sure she has eaten any eggs since she learned about it. The boy children/near adult/progeny...find it fascinating...

I always killed rats with my bare hands. Suffocated them by crushing the rib cage and closing the trachea. Terribly brutal, yes, but in a pinch it's the only thing you've got. They never struggled much, and it was all over very fast. But you have to suck it up and go all out otherwise you'll just hurt it and then it'll suffer. Wear gloves for sure... no need for rabies or plague! lol.

Quote:
If it were a 5 foot snake I could pick it up but not that little mouse. I really fell bad now.

smack.gif
myself, that's what it is, a back splash. Thanks

I'm going to bed I've been up since 4am and I'm tired. The h*%& with the mouse. Maybe I'll get the 22 and shot the darn thing. Good night everyone. I'll update you all tomorrow with this soap opera.

Well, whether you gas it or not you definitely need a bucket of ice cream. You can never go wrong with ice cream. The way this evening has gone you need fudge sauce and a cherry on top.
(for you, not the mouse)
big_smile.png

The point of gassing the darn thing is that it kills it instantly and keeps me from feeling guilty. It's quick and fairly mess free. My toilet doesn't flush very well sometimes. My luck I'd flush the darn thing and it would either clog it up (meaning a zillion dollar plumber bill) or it wouldn't go down and would just tread water forever. That's the only toilet in the house and I'd be hesitant to sit my heinie down if there was a treading mouse in there. Ook!

We only have one bathroom to. So this morning DH comes down stairs and says what where you talking about a possom for last night. I in my not so good mood said, " I wasn't talking about a possom you dumb *%#$ I was talking about the mouse, now please go look and see if it's still over there." Over where he says. I said the mouse trap, he says where did you put it. Now our counter is only about 2 1/2 feet long. So he walked over and looked, nothing. I said move the radio and there it went. I told DH get it, get it. He said how.
somad.gif
I said get the hot pad and pick it up and put it in the toilet. He took the hot pad and started hitting it. Now my DH is 6 feet and 260 pds and it was really funny watching him hit it. He said he's not putting it in the toilet so he put it in the garbage. Now mind you it's still alive. So DH goes to sit back down and drink his coffee. I ask, what are you going to do with it now and he says nothing.
barnie.gif
OMG can he be that dumb???? I said please take the garbage outside, if it were a snake I would take it out for you. So he did. Now he tells me that's not the mouse he has been seeing. The one he saw was fatter. So here we go again. I'm hoping he's now playing games with me and that was the mouse.
fl.gif

Not much help was he? My DH is a city boy to the core and does NOT deal with snakes, mice, rats, or anything else with fins, feathers or fur. He occasionally kills a bug.
smack.gif

I have mice out in the barn and the shed, but the cats keep them out of the house. This spring DH got the riding mower out to mow and after about 20 min of mowing it would suddenly start billowing great clouds of thick white smoke. He would stop and try to find out where it was coming from, couldn't find it and would continue on. This kept happening off and on and he finally quit. I go out to see and some suicidal mouse built a huge nest right on top of the engine! When the engine warmed up enough it would start burning the nest materials, hence the billowing clouds of smoke. He had to unscrew the cover to get to the motor to remove the nest. All the babies were dead from the heat.

Later that day DH took our DD to the church for a meeting with the priest about her 1st Holy Communion and the priest talked about learning new things even as we grow up. DD piped up, "Yes, like my daddy just learned that you can't mow with a nest of mice in the lawnmower."
lau.gif
gig.gif
Wish I could've seen Father Ken's face for that one!

In David Sedaris' book "Dress your children in Corduroy and Denim" he has this hysterical chapter about him and a mouse in a trap. I recommend it to you mouse catchers!

I will try the bacon fat next! We have tried 5 different types of traps...

Back
Top Bottom