I have a question regarding the wording changes in posts

Apparently my dogs do...
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
I can see where that is true however it is my RIGHT as parent to MY children to not let OTHER people put it in MY kids face when they might come here to look up different chickening ideas and such. You can expose your child to whatever you see fit. It's not up to me to influence that. Just as it's not up to you to expose my kids (via posting profanity or whatever it may be) to what I don't want my kids exposed to.

please don't flame me about it. You expressed your opinion. I expressed mine. My intent wasn't to jump on you. It was simply to debate your point.

i don't think you're jumping on me, and i'm not sure why you think i would flame you. I'm also not sure what i said that you would not want your kid to read. I haven't used profanity (i may have said some, but i never typed any
wink.png
) so i'm unclear on what i said to offend you. If there WAS questionable language on this board (and it was allowed to remain without being taken down) then it would be your responsibility (not mine) to decide to allow your child to view it, or not.
I appreciate you debating my point. If we all agreed on everything, this board would be a total snoozefest.

the simple life wrote: and what is Ivan talking about?

Sorry.

In Coppola' s version of Dracula Gary Oldman (the `drac') tells the young lady that he has "crossed oceans of time to find you".

At one point in the flick they are in an arcade where a `movie' is being shown (where BYC chooks logo is placed).

I substituted `exabytes' (google it `bytes' are what we're moving along with, here) for `time'. The only thing I didn't do was finish the paraphrase of Oldman's sentence, i.e., `I've crossed oceans of exabytes to find BYC'. There are billions of places to spend time on the web and yap and snort about anything at all - BYC is a diamond in the rough.

I had also read the IGNORE thread and all the comments in both, mulled it over and shot the above off (I mean it helps that dracula shows up on halloween, right - and he does `byte'.)...

The gilded age reference is about euphemism gone amok (pick up a Godey's Ladies Book and check it out).

ED: Now, out to release the `evil monkey bats' `Fly my pretties, fly!!!'

Happy Halloween!​

Last edited:
To the original poster--I was one of those who were taught that using the c word was rude and offensive. I don't allow my children to use it either.
smile.png
So I guess it is all about how you were taught.

I am thankful that someone has started this forum. There is so much helpful information available to anyone who needs it.

May I suggest to those who aren't happy with things here go ahead and start your own forum. I have been on several groups/forums where folks have done that very thing and then all are happy. Then you will have the best of both worlds. A place to discuss things that are more off topic and a great place to talk poultry!
big_smile.png

Life is too short to waste time being unhappy.

Hope you all have a great day and your chickens are happy and healthy!

Quote:
I think the point of the original post was sorta like: why not change "cr@p" to "stuff" instead of "poop". It's usually not a PILE that someone is referring to. IMO it's more likely to refer to having a "cr@ppy" day. Ya.

Quote:
I'd agree with that.

Pardon me, you are correct. I misunderstood it the first time I read it. I suppose it has to do with the definitions in a program that tries to match same meanings with alternate words?

Back
Top Bottom