i have asked for grass!

Quote:
I don't think you are going to need a play area. If your ducks are anything like my mallards, pekins or muscovies, then they will either swim in the pond, sun themselves, sleep, bathe, eat, drink, preen, mate and forage. I've never really seen them play.

In case you are wondering about my background:

These are some my current breeders as of tonight. Others are still in the lean-to or run.

37123_breeders.jpg

This is their pond.

37123_pond.jpg

37123_pond2.jpg

i dont mean an actual play area i just mean extra space for them to do their thing ps how do you find the area of a circle?

the only thing is the sides arent see through would they be ok not being able to see through the walls

If you don't want to delve into growing grass, you could always grow them plants in potters. We live in downtown chicago and don't have much of a back yard (plus my goofballs don't like to go outside when it's cold), so we got some long skinny potters and some organic soil (be careful of ones with fertilizers in it). We buy grass, clover, dried peas, beans, corn, etc from the feed store and plant it. As it grows in, we let them go to town and eat up the sprouts. It allows them to forage in their upstairs bedroom, lol.

Oooh I will try this too. I wanted to grow something they'd enjoy eating.
xxxxxxxxx
Good luck with the grass Peter. Maybe you could offer to grow some veg for them too? A herbacious border? Get a nice gardening magazine and tell them they're missing out!! Surely after giving in to the ducks the grass isn't much to ask!!!! And they must love those little ducks too right? It's not possible to not love a duck.

i dont knoq if i want grass now though if they are just gonna destroy it and make it stink, is it worth it? i do have sort of plant thing in the garden my mum calls it a rockery she probs made that name up i might go out after and see if i can find any worms in the soil for them

Back
Top Bottom