I have chicken fever (What breed are you obsessed with these days)

I would have to say my newest obsession would be Speckled Sussex and Barnevelders - tho i LOVE my Delawares - oh and those Show girls are intersting !

I have 2 naked necks but they are not blue the blues are really pretty mine are partridge. I would like a speckled sussex and a welsummer. I have some mixes that are pretty, but for laying so far my favorites are RIR's and for friendliness Barred Rocks.

I have fallen in LOVE with my Red Cochin rooster
tongue.png

61209_jessicas_chickens_059.jpg

61209_louie_mr_fluffy_butt.jpg

61209_0830101202b1.jpg

61209_131.jpg

61209_chicken_butts.jpg

61209_tissi_and_louie.jpg

61209_louie_and_tissi_and_tiny.jpg

I also loved my other Cochin hen (don't know exactly what kind) but she was killed by a hawk
sad.png
She was beautiful!
61209_chickens_6.jpg

The End!
tongue.png

oh! and here is my coop... I don't know why
big_smile.png

61209_the_chicken_coop.jpg

I'm becoming addicted to Faverolles, though I have none I really, really want some. I have no clue why, but they salmon faverolles make me drool.
love.gif
droolin.gif

I'm also absolutely addicted and in love with Cochins, any cochin I'll love it to bits. Though I don't have any of those yet either, I've been looking though. Always want what you can't/or don't have.
roll.png

Last edited:
I am so in love with Cochins, I started out with 7 Cochin bantams, and next spring, I've decided to add some Large fowl Cochins. They are very loving and love to cuddle with us. Even if we have no treats, they will jump onto our laps just to snuggle.

5055992989_d03c11d92f_o.jpg

The boys look so regal and handsome. The blue ones especially with the dark shades of grey mixed in with lighter shades. It is such a beautiful color.

They run funny too, no matter how serious the boys try to look, they still walk so funny and I just crack up.

I'm very fond of Wyandottes in general; BLRW, silver laced, gold laced, columbian, blue & buff. They're all on the order I wish I had the money to send in!

Now I also want Speckled Sussex, Coronation Sussex & Barnevelders (silver & gold). Add a couple of Barred Rocks for their humor.

My Gold Laced Wyandotte was the first to do the "pet me" crouch. She's still the one who follows me around when I'm in the coop, talking all the time.

Right now I seem to be obbsessed with White Silkies X Sultans and White Silkies X Sultans X Blue Jersey Giants.
hu.gif

So far I have hatched out 2 chicks ... sadly my Blue JG roo got killed by a coyote!
hit.gif

I am working on White Silkies X Sultans, next spring's project.
smile.png

I think my obbsession really is Button Quail...can't really stop hatching them out!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom