I have five silky chicks due to hatch on Mother’s Day Uk naturally? With a first time Pekin Broody?

Pollmadoll

Songster
5 Years
May 21, 2018
Wiltshire,UK
Very nervous as this is a first Pekin ten month old broody hatching five silky chicks this Sunday. Should I only feed chick crumbs to the mother too. I have read that chicks should not eat the adult food?

I mixed the crumb with the normal mixed feed. Only the crumb was small enough for the chicks to eat. Or you can raise the adult feeders so the chicks can't reach, and pit a chick feeder for them. Honestly, I've never had any problems with chicks eating adult feed, so you can just mix the crumb with the adult feed.
Congratulations!

20210613_195217_HDR.jpg

Mama and chicks eating mixed feed

I mixed the crumb with the normal mixed feed. Only the crumb was small enough for the chicks to eat. Or you can raise the adult feeders so the chicks can't reach, and pit a chick feeder for them. Honestly, I've never had any problems with chicks eating adult feed, so you can just mix the crumb with the adult feed.
Congratulations!
Many thanks for that advice I have usually incubated so this is a rare occasion. Very nerve racking

Back
Top Bottom