I have got to ask

I can’t see how it would possibly work. In fact it’s a pretty hot (no pun intended) topic on hunting sights. The consensus is peeing while hunting or even from a tree stand won’t deter game. Many have first hand (again no pun intended) experience doing this and have never seen game be deterred. We’re mostly talking deer, but I can’t see how predators would be deterred by it either. In fact, most say that human urine breaks down and loses it smell very fast (minutes) because of it chemical composition. Considering your yards are already covered with the smell of human and dogs etc., I don’t see how a little more pee is going to do anything. Maybe and I mean maybe in the deep wild it may deter wolves because human presence non existent. But around houses and farms, the animals are used to the smell of humans. I don’t have any first hand experience but I can’t see how a fox, coon or coyote is going to care if it smell human pee instead of just the other smells that humans leave behind.

most animals are not afraid of humans and will still invade territory etc. cause they have human contact already.

urine etc. sure doesn't deter deer around my farm..LOL

Maybe way up high, in the mts, up in the clouds where an animal hasn't smelled man or eaten out of their garbage cans, etc. etc. urine might have a good effect and act as a deterent......but in suburban areas and human areas, all those animals live among us. They know what we smell like..LOL..and they don't really care I don't think.

Just don't pee into the wind!
smile.png

Quote:
Then why does DH make me walk 100 feet away from his tree stand to pee?

fresh pee and ANY new scent just sprayed will alert any animal.....and while hunting you don't want a deer getting a whiff of anything to make him change his course or put him on alert. especially right near your stand.

problem with urine etc. is you have to spray ALOT. any mositure like rain, snow, etc. etc. just washes it away. hot weather makes it lose potency fast also.

I think spraying it will put animals on alert....they will be more cautious entering the area, maybe a avoid it the first time they smell it, but like with anything.....they scope out their area and know a scent is a scent and how old it is and if any predator is in the area.

but try it and see is the best experiment.

Back
Top Bottom