:( I have lost my whole flock of silkies to a dumb coon!

hugs.gif
I am so sorry to hear that, trap and dont tell any one, just do it.

Quote:
I have a hawk problem right now. I'm hanging CD's tonight!
wink.png

The DVD ones and the ones you have bought in the past that you no longer need - like music CD's or Software CD's - the regular CD's R or RW will peel when exposed to excessive moisture and heat in the summer months. None that I hung that had labels or were DVD's peeled.

racoon season starts the fith of next month.... about that time I'll post pics of my coon (I do taxidermy)... He is very safley away from my birds
wink.png

Last edited:
No season here for crop or livestock predators.
Destroy as needed.

You need a better protected coop. The coon has all night to figure how to get in.

Illinois does indeed have a raccoon season. Only coyotes and skunks can be shot year around. However even they have a trapping season.

You can apply for nuisance animal trapping permit or you can call a commercially licensed nuisance animal trapper. I am a commercially licensed nuisance animal trapper in the state of Illinois and my permit allows me to trap or shoot problem animals all year.

The downside is you'd have to pay to have a commercial trapper catch the animals. If you had enough land to hunt, you could probably trade animal removal service for permission to hunt your land, since land access is like gold in IL.

Ok Fancie....think I got you. I guess it's a good thing you didn't bring the blow torch out...wouldn't look as good. LOL
I love Silkies. Don't have any...do have a Banty Cochin...FRIZZLE !!! Cutest little guy/girl on 2 legs. NOTHING had best touch it ! Only about 7 wks old. Looks like it was electrocuted. Heh heh heh
Liz
Rochester, MA

Well, why call anyone after catching a racoon??? Should have just wacked it yourself! Animal Control here said they just didn't want to know anything about trapping wildlife so they hear nothing from me. I take care of my own.
8932_shootingsmilie.gif

Shame it got in after all...so sorry for your Silkies. Nothing deserves death from a racoon. One got my cat a few months ago. That racoon is HISTORY.

I can't wait to try the CD's. Thanx for the info. But seriously, if it kills my birds it's history if I can get my hands on it. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom