I have lots and lots of babies....{{{pics now}}}

Myst4

Songster
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
N.S., Canada
Well, after a long night and day, I have ended up with 24 babies out of 28 eggs. There are 3 white leghorn and one EE egg left in the bator,unpipped,no action. I candled them...no movement, and none had moved up to their air sac.
hit.gif

That just breaks my heart. I'm leaving them in the bator over night though. But, on a better note,I have 24 babies.Although one is still in the bator. "She" had pipped at the pointy end of the egg and couldn't go any further. I had to assist then, but not before making sure that all that was going to hatch hatched. I broke away just the shell part...kept the membrane moist and gentley tore the membrane(without hitting a main vein) until there was an opening enough to fit the baby through. Then I could see that she was still attached to her cord and to the membrane. I put her in the bator and left her. "She" detached herself from it and is drying off and moving around. I am leaving her there for a bit longer to make sure she's alright. I will have pics tomorrow. I'm exhausted lol
This is only my second hatch.....I only wish it was a 100% hatch rate....I feel so bad for the 4 that didn't make it
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
Wow! I'm so excited for you....I hope my hatch goes as well as yours! Congratulations on the chickies.....looking forward to pictures!

Congrats!! What day are you on?? We are on day 23 and had no movement in the last 3 eggs we have in the bator. Tonight, one of those eggs just pipped. You may want to keep the remaining eggs in the bator for a few more days...you just never know
smile.png

Quote:
I'm on day 22 now...well,techically 23 for a couple of hours. I'm leaving them in the bator....but I'm afraid they won't hatch. I hope they do...their air sacs look good, although I didn't notice any veining anymore. Well I hope I have your luck and the 4 remaining eggs hatch.
fl.gif

Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom