I have lots of chickens sneezing tonight, watery/foamy eyes.

Just wanted to give an update. I’ve been doing denagard every night since Monday. My little silkie rooster passed away tonight. I specifically gave him the denagard mixture by syringe to make sure he was getting the meds. He still passed away. Everyone else seems just fine, so far. I will be sending this little guy in for a necropsy. It is going to be spendy but I suppose that’s all I can do to see what I’m dealing with and make sure it’s nothing more I have to worry about in the future. I still have one rooster in quarantine. He seems to be doing better but so did my little silkie rooster and he ended up passing away. This is heart breaking.

Just wanted to give an update. I’ve been doing denagard every night since Monday. My little silkie rooster passed away tonight. I specifically gave him the denagard mixture by syringe to make sure he was getting the meds. He still passed away. Everyone else seems just fine, so far. I will be sending this little guy in for a necropsy. It is going to be spendy but I suppose that’s all I can do to see what I’m dealing with and make sure it’s nothing more I have to worry about in the future. I still have one rooster in quarantine. He seems to be doing better but so did my little silkie rooster and he ended up passing away. This is heart breaking.
:hugs I'm sorry about your little rooster.

If you don't mind, please let us know what you find out.

Thanks! The other rooster (Rhode Island red) who I had quarantined seems to be 100% better. He had 4-5 days of denagard. He doesn’t sound gurgley at all anymore and his comb isn’t purple. It’s red again. Everyone else seems fine and no more deaths or anyone sneezing. The lab said they would do the necropsy Monday. I sent him out Friday for Saturday delivery. I’m hoping everything goes well and I get some answers! I will keep you all posted! Thanks again! I’ve attached a picture of what the roosters comb looked like. He is the one all the way in the corner next to the black hen looking at the camera.

Attachments

• 2EC443AC-8E18-4667-962E-84F59A9BB9CE.jpeg
    2EC443AC-8E18-4667-962E-84F59A9BB9CE.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 10
I just called today. They are still working on the tests. Hopefully they’ll be done soon! I believe I sent him in on the 10th. Will keep you posted! ❤️

Do you think the eggs I got, while they were sick and gave meds, are safe? And if not, will the eggs still not be safe? I only gave the meds for a week. Just denagard and some vitamin b12 and vetrx to some.

I just had the same thing and found a very quick cure:

6 gloves of garlic
tsp oregano oil
1 cup vinegar
2 cups water

Blend all and add cornmeal.

The chickens go crazy for this stuff and in 2 days mine were all running around just like normal!!

Back
Top Bottom