I have no after christmas bills!

Solsken Farm

Songster
12 Years
And I love it. I really, really stayed on budget this year for the holidays and feel so happy not to anticipate bills after Christmas other than our usual household bills. I was shocked to see how much was in our checking account because I didn't splurge on food, wine and entertaining either.

Anyone else feel great about staying on budget this year?

celebrate.gif
Good job! Feels good to have 'plenty', doesn't it?

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
What a great feeling!! I have some small bills, but I bought most stuff off of ebay for the kids, so that was paypal....nothing significant to worry about and that will make for a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Hugs and WELL DONE!
Christina

I bought most of my gifts on Amazon. Free shipping and I watched the markdowns on toys like a hawk. I have 3 kids and 5 neices and nephews. I got most of their gifts at 50 -75% off! Some things were 60 or 70 bucks for 20. Some were 30 for 8.

Yes it is a great feeling!

Bearded Chick said celebrate Good job! Feels good to have 'plenty', doesn't it?

LOL we don't have plenty but we are keeping up. My goal is to be debt free in 10 years. (That means paying off our mortgage and vacation cabin by then) and having enough saved for our kids college (they will all be in college at the same time
ep.gif
)

Me, either. Actually, we dont participate in the holiday, but it really bothers me that people charge up huge bills because others expect gifts due to the holiday, then they are sometimes not finished paying them off by the next one!

My DH was paying bills this morning and said how nice it was that I had paid cash for everything this Christmas and didn't go overboard with the gifts. I cut back on the amount of gifts this year, trying to help my kids and family prepare for what is going on with our economy.

Quote:
Same here, especially because the ones that expect from you usually under deliver when it comes time to give back!
DH and I hardly ever buy each other expensive things. This year, we just bought a new camera because it was something we both wanted. Why buy a bunch of junk because you feel obligated to buy for your spouse (or anyone else for that matter)?

Back
Top Bottom