I have to tell this story regarding DH & RB Tom!! Funny!!!

PearlD

Songster
12 Years
Apr 15, 2007
Northwest Alabama
Okay, let me start from the beginning.....
About 2 weeks ago, I was leaning against the turkey coop watching our quail (did I mention I was minding my own business?). My BB Bronze hen, who imprinted on me last year, waddled over to the wire to sit beside me from the inside of the coop, and the Tom DID NOT like me being so near her!! I did not hear it coming....but he jumped about 5 feet in the air and grabbed the back of my shirt through the wire and proceeded to flog my head. I was standing up, and I am about 5'6. He got both shoulder blades pretty good!!!

Okay, so after I flew into him with a rake handle, I went and told my husband what happened......
AND HE LAUGHED AT ME!!! :thun
So, since prayers are often answered.....low and behold my husband got a dose of poetic justice this past week!!!!! I wasn't at home......but when he told me what happened I was rolling on the floor!!
lau.gif

He said he was collecting eggs that morning, and when he bent over to get the BB hen eggs out of her barrel on the ground......WHOOSH!!!! He was flogged pretty good! Ambushed from behind!! Well, the really funny part is, my husband cannot stand to lose. At anything.
SO, after they have a 'come to Jesus meeting' with a large stick, he SITS DOWN on this bird that hates to be touched AT ALL.....and pets him like a cat for almost 20 minutes!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
My husband said, "That son-of-a-guns snoodle was a quarter of an inch long the whole time I was pettin' on him!" That poor bird was subjected to what I have dealt with for 15 years.......The man cannot LOSE!!!!

Of course now, the bird regularly wants to attack me or the kids........but he leaves the old man ALONE! He does NOT want to be petted EVER again!

NOW THAT IS TOUGH LOVE!!!
love.gif

that tom wouldnt live long here.the 1st attack would get him a good whooping.the 2nd attack he would be dead no question.i dont put up with such as that.

Cute story.

I've read thats the way to handle any overly aggressive cock, you have to show them who the real boss is. I do that with my roos that refuse to be sociable in anyway. Boy they get mad and they take it cause they know I win everytime.

Back
Top Bottom