I hear peeps

Belgian Lady

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
White, Ga
I was sitting at my computer and heard some peeps coming from my incubator. So I will have at least one chick in a day or two. I have 34 eggs in and they are due tomorrow.
I am eggcited. Yeaaaaaaaaaa

I am excited for you!!!! That is the most amazing thing isn't it!? I text messaged my DH a picture of our first pip with our first hatch! He thinks I am nuts! He built the incubator so its his fault!
lau.gif

Quote:
wee.gif
Isn't it Egg-citing!!!! What I did when I saw my first pip, I started gently tapping an the incubator and talking to it. It seemed to work on all the pips except for one! They started zipping really fast.
ya.gif
It makes it a lot easier to do if no one else is home when you start talking to an egg.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
Shoot I even had to put my dogs outside, they thought I had lost my mind!

yippiechickie.gif
Cheer those babies on!
yippiechickie.gif

Ah man, it's killing me! We are due tomorrow also but one of the Ameraucana's it starting to pip! I need to get out of the house!

Good Luck on your hatch!!!

KAT

Here is an update.
I have one hatched in the bator. He is in there peeping away. I have two 18 count cartons in the incubator where in the world will the chicks go when they hatch. The incubator is filled with the cartons. Will the chicks just walk on the other eggs???? I don't want to open the incubator and this is the first time I used cartons so I don't know what to expect. Any advice would be appreciated.
Roxanne

Yes, They will crawl over the cartons and the eggs in them but they will be just fine.
You are right about keeping the incubator shut!
Good luck on your hatch and please keep us posted on this thread.
welcome-byc.gif

Carolyn

I can hardly stand it he is in there peeping away. He is slamming the side of the incubator. The dogs are going nuts trying to get at it as it is so loud. Do I just leave the bator closed until every thing is hatched? I want to pull him out so bad. But he would be alone anyway. I hope his peeping will encourage the others to get busy. They do talk to each other.

Update on my peeps.

When I left for work at 1:00 pm I had 10 hatched out and at least four more were piping.
Everybody was doing fine. I will move them to a brooder in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom