I hear you knocking . . . .

Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
Fair Oaks, California
The restless crowd gathers outside our back door chanting "Give us peas! Give us peas!"

ducksatdoor1.jpg

ducksatdoor2.jpg

when they get more than restless, you could have trouble!
are they quiet when they are milling about waiting for peas?
and, is there one (like that beautiful BEI?) that is the spokesduck?
lau.gif

love.gif

Quote:
Oh yes, they are quiet as little meeces - NOT! We have 11 girls and one boy named Lucky, so when they get worked up it is LOUD. Mrs. Wiffle, the Cayuga, is the spokesduck. She was our first duck and the oldest, so she's in charge. But the Golden Hybrid 300s are a close second in line for volume. These are my first ducks so i didn't know that only the girls quack, while the boys have a raspy voice.

Also because i'm new to ducks, what does BEI stand for?

Quote:
i love the cresteds, but didn't know until after i got them that they are prone to neurological problems. Three are okay but one little girl, Cindy, arrived small and shaky. She managed to grow up and can eat and forage just fine, but her neck is a bit crooked. And when she gets scared she walks in circles or else falls over and can't get up.

So, what is the decision you are looking to make with your ducks? Are you adding more?

Quote:
i love the cresteds, but didn't know until after i got them that they are prone to neurological problems. Three are okay but one little girl, Cindy, arrived small and shaky. She managed to grow up and can eat and forage just fine, but her neck is a bit crooked. And when she gets scared she walks in circles or else falls over and can't get up.

So, what is the decision you are looking to make with your ducks? Are you adding more?

No, My mom is back to the selling the ducks and she wants to get either peacocks or pheasants....... So

Back
Top Bottom