I heard y’all like weird eggs

SpaceLamb

Songster
Mar 6, 2019
Houston, Texas
Anyone know what’s going on with this egg? It was a super tiny one and has what looks like two super pale, misshapen yolks.

Our girls have only been laying a few weeks and other than a few double yolkers and some soft-shelled eggs (all from the same chicken that laid this one) this is the first really weird one we’ve seen.
9351678D-91DD-4904-B27F-0ED47CE98226.jpeg

I would recommend giving your hens free-choice oyster shells or another form of calcium. I wouldn't worry, they just started laying, and it takes little bit for them to get the hang of things.

I would recommend giving your hens free-choice oyster shells or another form of calcium. I wouldn't worry, they just started laying, and it takes little bit for them to get the hang of things.
Yeah after the first few soft-shelled eggs we put out a bowl of oyster shell next to their feeder. The girl that’s laid all the weird eggs has always had some issues so we’re not to concerned, more curious about what could’ve happened to cause this particular weird egg.

That is an odd one, never seen one like before.
Not sure how far you 'dissected' but...
Is the gourd shaped part encapsulated in membrane?
What other issues has that bird had?

That is an odd one, never seen one like before.
Not sure how far you 'dissected' but...
Is the gourd shaped part encapsulated in membrane?
What other issues has that bird had?
Pretty sure there was a membrane, not 100% though since we have it to our dog.

She was a failure to thrive chick that had to be babied quite a bit. She was actually our first to start laying which surprised us all but she’s had more soft-shelled eggs and double-yolkers than normal eggs.

Pretty sure there was a membrane, not 100% though since we have it to our dog.

She was a failure to thrive chick that had to be babied quite a bit. She was actually our first to start laying which surprised us all but she’s had more soft-shelled eggs and double-yolkers than normal eggs.
What breed is she?

I have an EE that never lays good eggs. Thin bumpy shells, with more round eggs. I let her stay though. one of her double yoke eggs... poor bird.... the blue bumpy egg in the picture of 2 was a pullet as well. She lays normal now
IMG_3131.JPG
IMG_3133.JPG

I have an EE that never lays good eggs. Thin bumpy shells, with more round eggs. I let her stay though. one of her double yoke eggs... poor bird.... the blue bumpy egg in the picture of 2 was a pullet as well. She lays normal now View attachment 1904043 View attachment 1904046
Yeah our chickens are more pets than anything so even if she never lays another good egg in her life we’ll still love her. I just feel bad for her since it seems to make her uncomfortable when they’re soft-shelled.

Back
Top Bottom