I hope I didn't screw them up!!!!!!

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I set a total of 5 Phoenix eggs from my birds, I should have checked my calendar cause I know I can't always remember everything. I moved 2 eggs to the hatcher yesterday morning. It dawned on me last night that I moved the last 2 I set not the 3 that should have been moved. The hatcher is a still air bator and holding 101.5, but the humidity is up for hatching. God I hope I didn;t kill those babies.

I would just move them back and not worry about it. In nature the humidity can't be THAT controlled all the time, not like the hens have dehumidifiers in their nests......
Fix it and forget it
wink.png

Krista

The hatcher is running about 65-68% . I did move them back to the bator as soon as I realized. They were in the hatcher less than 12 hours.

really, don't stress over it. They should be fine. That isn't very high, especially for such a short time.
Good luck with your hatch!

Krista

I really hope they hatch for you. I do share your pain on problems this hatch. First hatch for me in 2 years and I feel I could already be off to the worse start already. Day 18 and I moved them to the homemade hatcher to find that my thermostat wasn't picture perfect like I had thought. The sensor was too close to the bulb so now I've had nothing but trouble getting that temp right. Humidity is still a struggle. So you're not alone.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom