I Just Ordered Geese

I have had American Buff several times in the past. They were only noisy when there was a "threat". The threat could be a predator or could be a person. You will learn with time their noises.
Currently, I have Pilgrim geese and I love them. Not dead quiet, but quiet enough.

Just ordered 2 Buff Toulouse females and males each and an unsexed Buff Toulouse and
2 Toulouse females and 1 male from Metzers. (I have to wait until June 21 before they ship)

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

I learned last year to get yourself on the waiting list for the next year. Order as soon as you get the email from the hatchery, that way you have all the hatch days available to choose from.

Did that for Sebastopols for all the hatcheries, compared prices and got the day I wanted. Within 2 weeks of notification, most unavailable.

Well you and me must of ordered on the same day. Lol. I got 4 white Chinese and 2 Africans..
We will see how my Chinese girls do, I luckily have enough land to seperate should they have wicked attitude.
Fingers crossed you get Chinese that they are not rowdy girls.

Well you and me must of ordered on the same day. Lol. I got 4 white Chinese and 2 Africans..
We will see how my Chinese girls do, I luckily have enough land to seperate should they have wicked attitude.
Fingers crossed you get Chinese that they are not rowdy girls.
I ended up changing my order to a Buff and a Toulouse. But I think Chinese are soooooo beautiful. Maybe someday. Figure I'll start with these 2 and add more breeds if I'm feeling like it's been a successful experience.

I AM SO EXCITED. And a lil anxious.

I ended up changing my order to a Buff and a Toulouse. But I think Chinese are soooooo beautiful. Maybe someday. Figure I'll start with these 2 and add more breeds if I'm feeling like it's been a successful experience.

I AM SO EXCITED. And a lil anxious.
They are pretty. Hmm I could change my order..lol. Man you got me about to jump ship.

That's pretty much exactly what I use, except battery powered (too many trees for solar). I have a total of 4 electric nets: one for the chickens, 3 for the goats. I have 2 from Premier1, 1 from Rent-a-Coop, and 1 from Starkline. I actually prefer the Starkline.

That said, I'm buying 2 of the Premier1 electric deer netting for my new setup. It's taller, so I will be able to move around under it more easily, and it will keep the deer out of the chicken's plants.

But I agree! It changed my life! That and an automatic chicken door - lol!
Thanks for mentioning Starkline! Never heard of them before, but just talked to their rep. I had purchased a shorter strand of the poultry netting from Premier for a second pen and have been moving my Intellishock between the 2 areas. The Starkline small solar product will be half the price of what I was planning to buy.

Thanks for mentioning Starkline! Never heard of them before, but just talked to their rep. I had purchased a shorter strand of the poultry netting from Premier for a second pen and have been moving my Intellishock between the 2 areas. The Starkline small solar product will be half the price of what I was planning to buy.
In addition to the price, the step in poles are just better, imo. And the poles are more rigid. That may be a problem in some places where bending might prevent breaking in certain conditions, but we have hilly terrain, so getting the poles to stay upright is more advantageous for us.

Back
Top Bottom