I just punched an owl!!!

Glad your girls are Ok. Wow what a sight that must have been. Can't believe you punched him. I probably would have had the same reaction. Guess it went something like this.
smack.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
:lau:oops:

That is funny. You do need to remember it can do anything it wants to but you, don't you touch it very hard. You might hurt it.

I'd like to know how it gained entrance.

The strange part is that it was just sitting there with the chickens like it was one of them.
Maybe hoping you would go on to work so it could have the whole day to do as it pleased with them.
th.gif

I soccer-kicked an owl once with my bare foot. Like you, I heard a disturbance in the coop one evening and ran out there in my bare feet. At first, I didn't know what I was looking at but "something brown" with a huge wing span was on top of one of my hens. It's big freaky head turned around to look at me with those big yellow eyes
ep.gif
and I gave it a soccer kick out the door. Scared the crap out of me!

There have been more than one case of owls shacking up with chickens on cold nights or in barns. If it were my chickens and owl, if the owl was the same size as the chickens I'd have let it stay and eat up any stray mice and rats.

Oh my goodness, this gave me a good laugh! About a week ago I was looking outside my window at my coop after I had let my dog outside. My dog Maizy always goes to the coop to check on the girls. As she had her head down looking at the hens, a hawk swooped down and landed on top of the chicken run. Maizy had a fit and started barking and jumping at the hawk but it didn't budge. So I went outside with my chicken catcher and started banging on top of the run and the hawk eventually flew away. Good thing my run is completely enclosed and I have a very protective "mother hen" dog!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom