I Just Realized That Family Is NOT as Important as Friendship :(

Quote:
Welllllllll....sometimes it's more about what the bride's mother wants. JMO

That is sooo true too. Mothers think they are "helping" with the planning, but they are actually "doing" the planning..

Your dau's Communion is the most important thing, It's her big day, If your "friend" can't come, maybe she is trying to tell you she wants a looser friendship, so give it to her and enjoy your dau's day, and brag like crazy. Family will always be with you, but somehow friends come and go, even forever friends.
hugs.gif
marrie

Sometimes it is best to just let those friendships go the way they go.
It stinks. it hurts. But life goes on.

I have some really good friends that I havent seen or heard from in a year or more. I still consider them friends. But 'life" happens.
last year I sent out christmas cards and didnt get any back from half of those "friends" I figure they just didnt have the time, money or inclination to do the card thing. No harm no foul.

at both my weddings I got to choose who was in it and what part they played.
when I married my first dh I had two MOH's
My best friend since grade school and my sister. I was not and still am not that close to my sister. and no longer speak with that friend.

when I married my current, and last dh
big_smile.png
I had three brides maids. No MOH.
My dh had his best man. No one else.

When my sister got married she had no attendants. Only my daughter and her dh's niece as flower girls.

There were no hard feelings anywhere.

Now, as far as godparents go... well.
My sister is my dd's godmother. My dh's best man is her godfather(he has seen her once since her welcoming ceremony)
I am nearly positive that I will not be my sisters soon to be born daughter's godmother. She has alot of friends she is closer with than is with me.

Back
Top Bottom