I just set more silkie eggs...due Dec. 21...anyone else want to play?

Thanks Kathy-I just worry if one is breech that it wont be able to breath and will die if not. I guess all of this is really trial and error no matter how much research you do because the conditions are always different for each person and each hatch. Keeping the faith though, been the best holiday season of my life thus far so I can only hope it continues!
big_smile.png

Lockdown in two hours here. I have family coming Wednesday. I guess they won't get to see any hatching. I think they would have liked that. It sounds like everyone is doing so well. I'm getting excited. I am a little nervous because I have to ship the majority of the chicks and it is so close to the holiday. I did not plan this. I was hatching them for someone locally and she backed out after I bought the eggs. But another BYC'er stepped right in and offered to but them, pay for shipping and take any and all chicks I don't want to keep. What a wonderful woman.

I can't believe I missed this thread... almost the same hatch date. Silkie 3 White, 3 Partridge, and 4 BBS.
These were due 12/15 and hatched over a 30 hour period. Of 18 eggs in the bator, 11 made it to day 21, and once never pipped. Poor thing. =\\ I wish I knew what happened to it.
Of these one partridge (hiding on the left) has spraddle and is doing well with tape, and one (bbs; a splash) has a whole leg turned out, doing 'ok' with taping (she's asleep and didn't join the photo shoot).

39089_december16hatch.jpg

The broody outside hatched 4 of the 7 I gave her, in coooold weather, and all are doing great. Pics of those to follow.

Day 21 starts in 15 minutes and no pips yet

Don't worry, they're just sleepin in
wink.png
I'm anxiously awaiting my Seramas so I know how you feel. We just got 3 FBCM chicks, 1 Buff Orp with an unabsorbed yolk sac-very active at times, eating&drinking well-hoping she makes it because she's so darn sweet named her Peep hehe, 1 Grey Jap, and 2 Seramas from a super thoughtful and caring couple this weekend. So cute. Really hoping we'll have some of our own to keep them all company. Keeping fingers crossed from everyone!​

Last edited:
The first of mine came out saturday night already. Got home from work last night and 9 more were waiting for me. Lots more still pipping. Here are some pics: Some are still partially wet and sooo tired yet!
PICT2117.jpg

PICT2118.jpg

PICT2119.jpg

PICT2120.jpg

PICT2121.jpg

PICT2123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom