I just told my daughter to steal a sick rooster!!! Pic Heavy!!!

She seems very bright eyed and alert, which I hope is a good sign for her.

Let us know what the feed store has to say...I'm very interested in hearing where these two girls came from and how this one was in such bad condition!

Okay, her poop is pure water and explosive.
ep.gif
Jessica said the one she saw through the cage before she actually took her was yellow and smelled REALLY nasty, but all of them here have been clear. Anyone with suggestions???? She took a few bites of oatmeal and I know the yogurt will help her, but she was not terribly interested in it. How much yogurt should she have and should I just keep putting small amounts in her beak if she will not eat it on her own? And she also won't drink the terramycin water. I gave up and put regular water in and she began to drink. Maybe I was putting too much in? How much should go in one of the small plastic fountains? I put like a 1/4 t in. maybe less. Can you give sulmet and terramycin together? If you can't would one be better than the other? Sorry for so many questions, but I have only had chickens for about 14 weeks. I really appreciate all the input. Suz

no...do not mix the medications together...
concentrate on getting her drinking and eating proper feed (mix in some cooked (in water not milk) oatmeal through the layer pellets >just enough to make everything clump together>mix through this a scrambled egg>sprinkle a bit of scratch on top to get her pecking at it. Even though she is being very docile I would not disrupt her natural sleeping patterns any further by keeping her up at night when it is dark outside... put her in a dark quiet room and keep the stress (from the new environment ) to a minimum.

Bless you for rescuing her...thanks for adding pics - they're always so helpful to learn from! And - please continue keeping us posted on your new girl, what happened at the feed store, and your OTHER new girl! Lastly, best of luck to you...and the girls!

INTRODUCING BUTTERSCOTCH!! We were at the feed store at 8:15 and they opened at 8:30. Jessicas note was on the counter. (It was so sweet
smile.png
It started out Dear Friends ) Anyway. They said thanks for taking care of the chicken. They say she was dropped off this weekend and they didn't know anything about her. And that the other one was too. They didn't charge us for Tiramisu, but we had to pay for Butterscotch. Then as we were leaving, she said something along the lines that Butterscotch was the last of a group that they had had for a while. Hmmmm... Anyway she would have been exposed to Tiramisu already and she needed a buddy, so it was a perfect match except I think Tiramisu is older. Don't know if Butterscotch is laying yet. I do think she is a buff rock, definitely not a BO
sad.png
. She appears to be very healthy and totally normal poops and very active and eating and drinking. Not quite the sweety that her sister is, but she is warming up to us. We pulled the juvenile coop into the garage and put the brooder lamp right next to the perches. Anyway, here she is
big_smile.png

DSCN1432.jpg

DSCN1426.jpg

DSCN1423.jpg

DSCN1431.jpg

DSCN1434.jpg

DSCN1440.jpg

Thanks for all your well wishes and blesses. Tiramisu is still quiet and her poop is not really improving, but she is hanging in there and the two girls seem to get along fine. We'll keep you posted!

Great job. you did the ABSOUTLE BEST THING.
I wouldn't return her no matter what and if they come after you, go to your local animal rescue group and talk about how they're abusing the hens. Thats definatly what is going on there.

Back
Top Bottom