I just went into lockdown 9/26/09 and nervous

41 eggs??? OMG I would be
tongue.png
nuts. hahaha
lol.png
I have 9 white rocks in the bator ready to hatch out October 9th. One is a double yolk, or so I thought until I candled today. It may be a triple yolk. I have another post on here with the pics of that egg. But these buff orpingtons that are due to hatch now, omg, I just keep peeking in the glass every couple of hours, and nothing, they are just laying there like nothing. I be glad to at least start hearing chirps or seeing pips. NO kids left at home to keep my mind off of them. I will just go outside and play with the chickens I have out there for a while.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooo excited this morning. We got a rocker going!!!!!! OHHH YEAH 24 hours or less now.....omg i thought it would neeeeeeeeeeeeeever get here. I will post pics as they start hatching out and post them here.

fl.gif
sending the little one good vibes! Mine are sleeping still...had better hurry up and get out of there though! I only have 6 dth tomorrow but have around 24 going to lockdown tomorrow
jumpy.gif
soon-I hope!!

woooooooohoooooo....3 rockers now this morning....the other 3 just sitting there in the bator like a rock still....hahahaha....ohhhh i am sooooo excited.
big_smile.png

Having read all that I suggest Lithium and lots of house chores.

Plan on - they don't all hatch. That way you won't be disappointed when they don't. Or pleasantly surprised if they do. Or you are going to go more nuts.

100% hatches are just rare because nature itself is inaccurate and there are deformities and weaknesses that even the best incubation, hen or incubator cannot over come.

Then there are the idiots, the ones who pip through veins, umbilical cords or worse their own yolksac, those don't make it - but then who really wants idiot chickens.

I never ever have demanded or planned on 100% that way I'm not totally freaked out when it doesn't happen and I don't anger Mother Nature by being too demanding. I think if you piss off Mother Nature - she sends you a good dose of Murphy's Law.

I am humble in the face of the miracle of the egg and appreciate what I am given.

Best of luck - take a break, deep breath.

ohhhhhhhh HECK NO!!! Im not going anywhere. Hubby is going to town for me. We have a pip!!!!!! oh yes!!!!!! Lets see if I can get a pic of it.

41045_firstpip.jpg

first of 6 eggs has a pip.

Back
Top Bottom