I just went into lockdown 9/26/09 and nervous

happi752

Songster
10 Years
Sep 12, 2009
Casa Grande
uggh just had a major problem. I spilled water in the bottom of the bator as I will filling the pan for humidity. I had to take the eggs out of the bator and unplug it so electrical would not get wet. I was down about 20 minutes. omg I pray this will not affect my hatch. The temp at start up is now 95.5 with 65% humidity. Dang Dang Dang it.
sad.png

I have 6 BO eggs due to hatch out on 9/28/09. Cross your fingers this emergency didnt do anything to the babies.

arrrrggg...they are just laying in the bator doing nothing....im gettting soooooooo nervous.....72 hours is a longgggggggggg time!!!!!!!!!!! im going
tongue.png
nuts!!!!!

don't be nervous. shoot, if if a bird can hatch them in a nest of straw with goodness knows what germs, who knows what fluctuations etc,
YOU CAN!
thumbsup.gif

let's face it, what is the absolute WORST that can happen? they don't hatch. you can always try again.

what's the best that can happen? they ALL hatch. then you'll be doing this----->
D.gif

im about to chew my nails down to nubs....no chirps do i hear, no rocking do i see, no pips yet either....i have been living and breathing this hatch since it started...for my own personal reasons....THEY JUST GOTTA ALL HATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! 48 more hours!!!!! uggghhhh!!!!still not seeing any rockers in there. what if they dont hatch??? oohhhh I would be sooooooooo sad!!!!! they just gotta!!!!! wow this is worse then waiting in the hospital on a baby to come...
lol.png
I am sooooo anxious. Anyone else out there get this nail biting nervous???

Last edited:
You know the old saying, a watched pot never boils...
wink.png
You got me nervous just reading your posts...LOL

Last edited:
Deep breath..now breathe..now walk AWAY from the bator
hide.gif
a great time to clean the ceiling fan blades wash windows anything that keeps your mind off the chicks..or in my case I have some in lockdown with you-2 very sick kids I have no time to look more than a quick glance.
More times than not I don't see any movement or hear very many chirps before they hatch and I still have very good hatches.
Oh yeah it doesn't get any easier to wait those last few days..I just hatched 41 last weekend more in other bators and the last of the shipped eggs in the mail this week...and I still can't wait for these little fluffy butts to arrive.
But don't tell anyone when you have a sore neck staring in yelling "push" to the llittle chick to cheer her on...they think your crazy when you do this.
hide.gif
unless it's your spouse then they KNOW your chicken crazy already

Back
Top Bottom