I know I'm a rooster...but what am I?

IcarusSomnio

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2010
Vernon County, MO
2rz7y50.jpg

aw5cnr.jpg

I'm thinking...Barred Rock crossed with something else? He's a year old and crows his little heart out. He scared the bejeezus outta my drakes. He crowed and they all took off across the yard trying to fly (their too fat and un-aerodynamic to do much more than get a few inches off the ground for foot or two of 'flight'). Gotta love roosters
big_smile.png

He sure is pretty, he does have that barred rock look on the bottom half.....or domiique? Maybe the top half could be...ummm.....I'm stumped!

He's not a black sex link, sexlinks have a single comb....this guy has a rose comb and a black sex link would not have that much white.

Quote:
Dom (mother) x RIR(father) would still be a sex link. It depends on the breed you use to make the sex link. You can also use a SLW, which has a rose comb.
wink.png

I have a red sussex with the same comb,his comb got frost bite and now looks like that.Cause that comb doesnt look like a rose comb...

Last edited:
I was thinking maran x too, I have a few 4 wk olds that have black/pink legs and the only response I got on here was sexlink, but I don't think they are.
What about an EE x maran? The barring would be dominent and he has the rosecomb, I think the barring is too blurred together to be BR.

Back
Top Bottom