I know the breeds, but how old are they? (Picture Heavy)

SuziCue

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 24, 2012
Hello! I'm a new chick mommy! We got 5 chicks on March 31st (so almost 3 weeks ago), but weren't told how old they were when we bought them. Can someone please look at these pictures and wager a guess as to how old they are now? I have an idea of ages relative to eachother: I'm certain Abigail is my youngest and Libby is my oldest. Rosie and Roxy are the same age, maybe a day or two apart. I think Maybelline is a little younger than Libby. But I'd like to have a better idea of how many weeks old they are, so I have a better idea of where they should be developmentally. You're welcome to venture guesses on gender as well, but I know they're probably still too young for that (I'm gonna be so sad if my Maybelline is a roo).

Thank you so much!
~Susan

Abigail (Buff Orpington) & Libby (Ameraucana) - my youngest and oldest:

Maybelline (Barred Rock):

Roxy (RIR):

Abigail, Rosie (RIR), and Libby:

Your easter egger (not ameraucana, sorry) and barred rock are girls. They appear to be 3-4 weeks old - do you have any pictures of when you got them? That would help a lot. My guess is about 4 weeks if they weren't positively fluffballs when you got them. Wing feathers & not much else would be about 1 week.

Blaze, I was just reading another post about the Ameraucana/Easter Egged confusion. I feel a little gypped, but I'll love her just the same (if she lets me, she really doesn't like being held; I'm hoping to win her over with mealworms)!

Thanks to both of you!

Back
Top Bottom