I know the breeds, but how old are they? (Picture Heavy)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SuziCue, Apr 19, 2012.

1. SuziCue

SuziCue Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2012
    Hello! I'm a new chick mommy! We got 5 chicks on March 31st (so almost 3 weeks ago), but weren't told how old they were when we bought them. Can someone please look at these pictures and wager a guess as to how old they are now? I have an idea of ages relative to eachother: I'm certain Abigail is my youngest and Libby is my oldest. Rosie and Roxy are the same age, maybe a day or two apart. I think Maybelline is a little younger than Libby. But I'd like to have a better idea of how many weeks old they are, so I have a better idea of where they should be developmentally. You're welcome to venture guesses on gender as well, but I know they're probably still too young for that (I'm gonna be so sad if my Maybelline is a roo).

Thank you so much!
    ~Susan

Abigail (Buff Orpington) & Libby (Ameraucana) - my youngest and oldest:
    [​IMG]

Maybelline (Barred Rock):
    [​IMG]

Roxy (RIR):
    [​IMG]

Abigail, Rosie (RIR), and Libby:
    [​IMG]

2. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Your easter egger (not ameraucana, sorry) and barred rock are girls. They appear to be 3-4 weeks old - do you have any pictures of when you got them? That would help a lot. My guess is about 4 weeks if they weren't positively fluffballs when you got them. Wing feathers & not much else would be about 1 week.

3. Baily

Baily Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    My guess is they are 4 weeks all just days apart.

4. SuziCue

SuziCue Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2012
    Blaze, I was just reading another post about the Ameraucana/Easter Egged confusion. I feel a little gypped, but I'll love her just the same (if she lets me, she really doesn't like being held; I'm hoping to win her over with mealworms)!

Thanks to both of you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by