I locked myself IN!

I haven't done this.............but my Serama pen was originally built to house fennec foxes. It has latches on the inside as well as the outside so I could lock the door once inside to prevent any escapees. The other day I shut the door, and was going to go back in, and the inside latch apprently fell down just right and latched so I couldn't get in. Thankfully, the hardware cloth only goes up 4' and the rest is chicken wire and was able to get my finger in and flip the latch. BUT that could have just as easily been me getting locked in!!!

Quote:
lol.png
Thanks! String has been installed.

I am glad. I am still laughing because it so reminds me of me. But at least we know we are not alone in it. I felt dumb the 1st time. Than when I told everyone on here I felt good again.

I can relate to that when my son and I built the coop we built the run seperate from the coop then moved over and screwed it on. well I latched the gate before we moved it we climbed inside picked it up moved it over and screwed it on. We were both still inside, had to crawl out through the house, my son thought it was great that dad made a mistake building something.
lau.gif

Quote:
lol.png
I did the exact same thing when I had just finished my run, I walked in there and the door slammed behind me leaving me locked in, I had to yell until my dad came out laughing his head off at how silly I looked. Now I also have a string tied to the latch strung through the wire door so I can pull on it to lift the latch so I can open the door but one time it broke and I was locked in again so I had to find a stick and slowly push the latch up to get out
wink.png
so now I keep that stick handy just in case it ever breaks again.

This happened to me when hubby was still finishing the coop, and he put a emergency string to pull it open, and when placing the coop in its resting place, tilted it so door would not close on its own. Same on the run, he left a gap in the door so my fingers could fit thru , coz that screen door is on a spring .
Glad you gad a twig !!!!

Back
Top Bottom