I LOST almost all my babies....

aurorarose25

Songster
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Mesa, Az
I came home to my backyard riddled with dead chicken bodies over it.. My dog got into my coop somehow and just snapped the necks of almost all of my precious babies. I had a few cochins and a couple of americaunas ranging from 2 mon to 5 1/2 mon. Is there something I can put around my coop that will keep the dog out?

I even built a run for the dog, but she found a week point and broke through. Still working the kinks out, but it looks like she was after the 4 small surviving babies left..
PLEASE help...... I don't know what to do.. I am surprised I didn't kill the dog yet...

We buried tin all the way around the outside of our coop and run to keep predators from digging in. So far, so good.
fl.gif

Sorry for your loss. Dogs are so destructive. They just kill for the fun of it. Now that she's found the fun game...it will be really hard to keep her away.
hugs.gif

Shelly

Not sure what your set up was. But sorry for what happened.

I do agree with sred98....now it will be even harder to keep the dog away.

Is there anything else to do. She is a great guard dog for my daughter and I when we are home alone when my DH is working. She loves and protects my daughter, I just need to find something to keep her away..
If there is anything out there.

Back
Top Bottom