I love my baby chick but........HELP

chickiemom

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
South Louisiana
ok as some know we had only one egg hatch. now I have a baby that is in a box and loves to talk. its too cool outside to put her there, so she is in my dinning room (mmm that might make her nervous!)
ep.gif
and I think I am loosing my mind. The dog is even getting crazy! LOL. Where do you put your chicks that are too young to go out to the coop?
HELP!!!

Do any of your local feed stores sell chicks? Often people order and don't pick them up - you might get a couple that way to keep your little one happy.

I do have 11 chicks but they are outside in a seperate cage, so I know they cant be put together. my 2 day old still need heat lamp. will the mirror work or make her talk more?

If the noise is bothering you, what about putting her in another room with the door closed?

We are keeping ours in the living room when we're home, but while we're gone or sleeping, they go to the garage.

well we have a 3 bedroom home and of course 2 daughter each have there own room. But I do have 2 full baths. ours is Really big. Maybe I can but her in there. I refer to "her" Because I pray that she is a female. We just sold 5 roos. PLEASE NOT ANOTHER ONE! LOL

Been there, done that, just this week as a matter of fact. Putting them in a different room and closing the door seems to amplify the unhappy chirping. Even though I now have two more chicks in with the single it still starts hollering for me when it knows I'm in the room.

A stuffed toy that they can snuggle in to or under does seem to help some. How old are the chicks in the coop and what breed? You might be able to graft that single with one of the older, calmer chicks. Which of course means bringing it into the house since the single can't go outside yet.

I've had several single hatches (can you tell my hatch rate is rather low?) and I have found that a mirror does really help a lonely chick. It thinks it has a buddy and so settles down. I don't know the difference in ages between this chick and the ones outside but if their ages are close you could take a couple of those and put them in with your lonely baby. Or perhaps find one or two about the same size at the feed store. hth

Back
Top Bottom