I love my clothesline!

We hang our clothes on the line. I love how crisp and fresh everything is. I think we are about the only ones that do it in our neighborhood. I love doing it for several reasons, one is its calming to me to be out in the yard with a breeze blowing just hanging up the clothes, the second is no one bothers me because it means moms doing chores...run..lol and third I love how low it keeps my electric bill.

I love the smell of stark white sheets dried on a line!

At my dad's farm they dry everything outside, and ALL of the stuff has these horrible microscopic red biting bugs in it.

I hang most of my stuff out on the line. The only thing I don't hang out is the underwear and socks load! But i just love the smell of the fresh clothes off the line!

Chickabee-
what do they do about the biting bugs?? That sounds terrible!!

Nothing. That's why I hate it so much. Apparently they can't feel them awful things biting.

Last time I was there the entire bathroom was simply covered in these little bugs. They were crawling on every surface.

My dad let off a bug bomb, but only cause I was scratching all over and saying "ow, ow, ow, they're biting me all over!"

I think they were chiggers.

Quote:
Vinegar? How much per load...what load size? I hang up on occasion. I like the smell (we're rural) and I actually like the stiffness in Somethings. But the kids hate the towels being stiff. I like my jeans stiff...dont ask me why. Maybe because I was a teenager in the 80s' and we ironed our jeans back then
roll.png
I have an umbrella clothes line. I actually might have my hsuband move it (again) close to the heat and air unit outside. The fan might help to dry the clothes over the winter. I don't know. We'll have to see if electric heat goes up too much this winter...

I love my clothesline! I have had one for 30yrs and would not trade it for anything. I use it unless the weather is freezing or wet. My neice came to visit one day and said ' I feel sorry for you, why doesn't uncle buy you a dryer..' I had to take her in to the laundry room to seem my new Whirlpool front load washer and dryer set.. She couldn't beleive that I really wanted to hang my clothes out on a line... I must confess our outter clothes get dried in the dryer and hung up quickly to prevent wrinkles..

I have a pully clothes line....I try to use it all summer...but this summer was a very rain one... the clothes always smell better dryed out doors...

diapers dryed on the line in the winter are the best... they smell devine...no longer need diapers...but I remember when they would freeze solid and then the wind and sun would dry them... they were always softer after freezing...the only place they wouldnt dry was where the pin was...

Back
Top Bottom