I love October!

Five reasons I LOVE October:

1. My birthday is October 2nd
2. Pretty leaves
3. Pretty leaves to jump in
4. A chance to wear cool-weather clothes without them being obscured by snow gear
5. Hallowe'en! Candy! Yummmmmmmm...

ETA an sixth reason: Crisp air that makes my lungs draw in more breath... I just love that...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had many of my family die in October and November. I feel the beauty of the season anyway. It's like the world is being put to sleep for the year with a last splash of glory. Then the snow falls with soft little kisses. I HATE IT! (no just kidding!)
Some of the three bushels of squash we will have to eat-recipes????????//

goslings246.jpg

9245_img_0012.jpg

View from my front porch. The drier the summer the less yellow and orange we have.
A camera frame more to the left and I have magnificent yellow leaves, thats near my garden pond and it gets lots of water because I over flow my pond with water from a spring fed creek often in the hot weather.

9245_img_0013.jpg
\\\\
here is that camera frame more to the left.

what a difference a few feet can make.. isn't it beautiful?

My two favorite holidays..Halloween and Christmas, my two kiddos birthdays are, Oct.29th and December 17th.. talk bout your timing!
Our fall household is always filled with things to do, places to go, it's energetic.
Love the pics, keep them coming!
Our poor leaves just dry and fall, the only thing to look forward to is the pecan tree, if we get them this year. Last year we actually had too much rain, so we didn't get but maybe 15, and the guineas were the only ones that wanted to eat them.
As for recipes for your squash, all I have is for zuchini and pumpkin bread...sorry lol
ooo pumpkin pie?! my mailbox takes yummy stuff sent my way. hehehe:p

Wow it's beautiful near Ashland now.... Just think what it will be like in 80 days.

I lived in Milwaukee for four years. I know.

Back
Top Bottom