I lvoe my new job, but some calls are just depressing

I do not under stand why they are not approaching this as an economic issue. The number one reason for bankruptcy in this country is an illness in the family. For the richest country in the world, that is just plain embarrassing. It is fixable if we all just stop being greedy and selfish.

Rhett&SarahsMom :

what they need to do is sit in on some of my calls and LISTEN. Just one day.

I listened to most of the "summit meeting" on Thursday while I worked. Many very sad stories of people who cannot afford health care were related. All I can say is that certain law-makers were making it quite clear that their major concern was making sure that the rich kept their money at any cost to anyone else, including life saving health care. I am afraid that listening to your calls would not sway them.

Thank you for listening.​

We are a working class family. DH worked at Chrysler in Twinsburg. He gave up his business of carpet cleaning to go there 10 years ago. When we found his plant to be closing, we decided to get out, and try to open his carpet cleaning business again. If we stayed we would have had to move, and pray where we transferred doesn't close. We are glad we did what we did, because some of his buddies did stay, transferred and are now facing another plant closing. We have health care till May, then on our own. I will say, we have kept our debt down, we do not buy things unless we have the money.
Money is still very tight, the business is slow, but we are hopeful. We can not afford to buy medical insurance, if it was forced on us, we will have a very hard time. I am a sub bus driver praying I get a contract some day soon, but it can take years. Keeping our costs down has helped, but with no jobs around here, it just hasn't helped enough. If they force this on people are they going to make you sell everything you have to pay for health coverage? That is what scares me. At what cost will they go? I believe that something needs done, I just believe they will do what they want, and do not care about us the working class. What a scary world we have become!

Quote:
okay..now i'm confused..
We arent able to get COBRA anymore?? We were counting on it... WTH??

Wonder how much a single small time Doctor's office brings in and exactly what percent of that goes to malpractice insurance on the Doc & employees? THERE is the biggest problem for doctor's. They have to pay outrageous premiums too, so do pharmacists. Pharmaceutical companies have to have lawyers on retainer 24/7. We have encouraged insurance companies and lawyers for years, why whine now? Either kill it and be done, or deal with the monster we have all made. I say do away with insurance and pay your doc using cash. Don't allow for frivolous lawsuits either. He'll get a clue about how much folks are willing to pay and the kind of care he should provide, or he'll run his business into the dirt with no patients to see. Everybody who takes their kid in for a snot drip will have to pay out of their pocket rather than everyone else's. Those who sue over every tiny thing won't bother going, and the lawyers will have to get a REAL case to work. Sounds like a solution to me
hu.gif

I dont want our crooked govt. running our health care... period. EVERYTHING they touch goes to hell.. IMO

I'm from canada and I feel even our system is bad, right now they are building a local hospital to combine a few towns hospitals together in a crappy location where transportation between towns is nil, they claimed they were going to offer free transportation that later said no, find your own way and we'll charge you for parking, sure it's close to my home but the roads leading to the hospital are always busy now and you have to cross over a bridge to get to the road, how many DOA's will there be? Mayor has got to be payed off! We pay additional money( ours was $300 some pay more) a year on taxes in ontario plus regular taxes toward our healthcare, that being said we can't be denined the basics but we still must buy insurance for dental,and some medical. My dd was in the hospital for a broken femer this september that just passed , I bet in 6 weeks of her hospital stay it costed well over 15,000! We are not rich and would have been paying that off for years. I hope that Obama figures this out for you guys, right now ontario is now dealing with combine sales taxes because they didn't tax us enough when we made the money so they double tax up when we want to spend it!

Exactly

I have no health insurance. That does not mean I don't have health care. Health insurance and health care are NOT the same thing....and one often prevents the other.

Back
Top Bottom