I made a home made feeder - Cost around 7 bucks :)

LOVE IT!! GREAT IDEA. I was just trying to think of a way to make another feeder. We added some new hens to our flock and they were not being very hospitable to the new family members, chasing them away from the feeder. So for now, I covered a dishpan with field fence (or chicken wire can be used, I just had extra field fence lying around), curling the excess wire under so it wouldn't poke the girls and filled it with feed. Until I can think of something else it's working out for now. But your idea is awesome, I may have to pick up the parts next time I'm in town.
thumbsup.gif

Thank you for sharing.
smile.png

Quote:
Automatic waterer? I wish i could come up with something... I have two 1 gal waterers and I have to fill them twice a day to keep them all happy.

I have a homemade heater under the 1 gal waterer made out of an old metal can and a light bulb but I really need something bigger for the water.....

Last edited:
"Only issue I have had with this one so far has been that the plastic lid is not really strong enough to hang it as my old one was."

You may want to go to Lowes or HD and buy a bar withan eye hole at one end and threads at the other end I made something simlar to your idea which is a great idea I used an oil pan (never used) from Wal-Mart and I drilled the hole put a huge washer on the bottom of the bolt with a nut and the eye went through the top which I hund the bailing wire from so you may wanna try that..

Good Luck I hope it all works out for you

This feeder is working well tho after using it for a week or so, to my suprise, I have found they tend to pull alot out on the floor
sad.png

Maybe it has something to do with being winter time and nothing for them to do?

Back
Top Bottom