I may have been the victim of a mixup! PICS

Nothing like Marans. They have single combs.
They are Doms. I used to have some nice one. I hate BRs, but I love Doms. You can send them my way!
frow.gif

Thanks for your encouragment, everyone. You have to understand though: I had my heart set on BRs. Already had the roo and one hen...I am just disappointed. I had researched all aspects and was just really excited that my hopes were becoming a reality. Now it looks like I have a BR roo to either sell or eat, and who knows what those two dozen eggs in my incubator will contain...

pardon my despondency, I just feel like my plan is turned upside down.

No you have every right to be upset. I always want what I want too. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean someone else won't love it.

Maybe you can sell these and go to a different breeder for your BRs. Just an idea. OR!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you can see if there is a BYCer near you who would trade!

Last edited:
I know it won't make you feel any better because you were so looking forward to your BRs, but I LOVE my Dominique hen. She has a beautiful personality and she's not nearly as bossy as my flock of BR hens are.
I love both breeds.
I sure hope you get it straightened out.

Thanks, guys. My husband wants us to raise these and see what happens...he thinks we will be happier in the long run too. Dominiques are in high demand in my area, I guess my only personal experience with the one hen I owned of the breed is tainting my feelings on this whole thing. I just regret buying any eggs from this person now. I don't know what I will hatch next and my very young reputation is at stake as I just started selling birds recently...

I can't afford at the moment to order hatching eggs and pay shipping, and this lady was the only person within 100 miles who responded to the ad I placed seeking BR eggs. Oh well...worse things can happen right? I will try to have a more optimistic approach.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom