I messed up and now all but 1 baby is dead!! **UPDATE!!! PICS heavy***

hugs.gif
CL may have someone in your area with a buddy for your gal.... Good luck dear.. so sorry..she is so cute
love.gif

Sorry for your loss. If it was a predator reach-in there would be blood & scratches and I doubt the rest would have stayed where something could get them. Probably a weather condition. Again, sorry. I am a first time chickener and I can't imagine losing my babies.
sad.png

Sorry about that event. Might be time to build or buy a trap and catch whatever is out there. I would also attach a secure run, covered on top and sides, to the coop.

Try as we might to be perfect, most folks have lost a bird or two.

Quote:
I will be more than happy to seriously guide you so that you can sleep at night and feel secure that your birds will be safe and happy. I am sorry if my calious hard as nails approach to things, sometimes it does help to get a different perspective. I again would be more than happy to lend a hand, I own a Construction co, so I know I can help with anything big or small. best wishes AL

Quote:
I will be more than happy to seriously guide you so that you can sleep at night and feel secure that your birds will be safe and happy. I am sorry if my calious hard as nails approach to things, sometimes it does help to get a different perspective. I again would be more than happy to lend a hand, I own a Construction co, so I know I can help with anything big or small. best wishes AL

Thank you Al. My husband has the same approach as you so it did not shock me ...Well maybe for a second
wink.png
A good night's sleep escaped me last night....so I will be looking for any advice on how/where to set that coop in the safest place. You all have seen what I have and I have a wooded area, so any imput is welcome!

hugs.gif
I am so sorry for your loss. We all make mistakes please do not beat yourself up. Sounds like you are fixing the situation. Good luck and hang in there.

Very sorry....I do imagine how painful it is for you, especially your first chickens!
And so beautiful ones!

Please forgive me, if I too, sound harsh, or correct me if I'm wrong.
Just trying to help.
I have look and look on your pictures very thoroughly and noticed couple of possible problems:

14925967.jpg

Quote:
LOL! NO problem! How can I be upset when I asked for imput! My red & green coop? I will explain:

90422_dscn19141.jpg

My daughter is 5'2
big_smile.png
and by the time we figured out how many hens we had, I was hoping to build an extension on the back for the laying boxes. I am also trying to figure out the safest way to attatch this to a run so that they can run (SAFELY) free during the day.
The gap in the door = my dear hubby in a hurry to get the door hung but I an going to straighten it & put a lock on it before the next ones go in.
The gap on the side= the wood on the side was cut at an odd angle and so on that corner the front & the side meet but there is a little over hang the looks like a gap.

Back
Top Bottom